“Great Greek Tapas”
Review of Kapnos

Kapnos
Reserve with OpenTable
Kapnos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #131 of 3,716 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 October 2017

My friends and I recently tried Kapnos for dinner and we were quite pleased. Our server was attentive and friendly. We loved trying the spreads - the tzatziki and favosalata were our favorites. The flatbread is was served with was divine! Perfectly soft and served warm. Definitely order extra! I also highly recommend ordering the kolokithokeftedes (zucchini fritters). They also make a great ginger beer! The only disappointment was their spanakopita (spinach pie) - we just didn't like it. The dough was yummy and crispy, but we didn't like that the spinach wasn't chopped up inside (my Yiayia (Greek for grandmother) made it differently and it hard to like someone else's spinach pie). Overall I would recommend Kapnos for a nice night out!

Reviewed 9 October 2017

I'm sure my mistake was to try Kapnos for Sunday lunch. I'm used to Sunday being a big deal for many Greek restaurants, but Kapnos has a Greekish-brunch menu. Meh. It was okay, but I'd rather have a traditional menu any day. If you're part of the millennial scene, the drinks and the Greek inspiration might work for you, but I'm afraid I'd just skip this place in the future.

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

There was so much to choose from. The fries are not in a dedicated fryer and I'm not sure about dessert. I had lamb, octopus, village salad, gf bread, cheese dip. The tabbouleh was gf since it was made out of red quinoa . Traditional Greek food with a spin. Felt the flavours were Moroccan almost. Fabulous experience.

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

We were expecting great things from this new restaurant in College Park but were greatly disappointed! First when we arrived the host asked if we had reservations, there was nobody in the restaurant but the 30 or so employees. I replied it looks like we don't need them. They put us in a window booth which was nice. The interior is very nice. I ordered the blacked broccoli which was okay but not for $13.00. My husband ordered the chicken and a beer. He asked for hot sauce ,salt and pepper and 10 minutes later it came, actually an entire salt flat came... Our bill with one beer came to $39.00 and we were still hungry. This restaurant is very expensive so I would suggest lowering the plate price to about $9.00 and with that serving food of the people like pita bread. So this restaurant is wet behind the ears, I get that... our waitress was very sweet but the employees seem like vultures just waiting for a customer. We were there early so hard to gauge the crowd.

Reviewed 22 September 2017

I met a group of friends for dinner at Kapnos in Columbia Heights. The food was amazing: high-quality ingredients, beautifully prepared, remarkable breadth and depth of flavor. Of special note were the eggplant mezza; whole branzino; and roast lamb. We were guided to excellent white and red wines. Prices are reasonable in light of the excellence of the food. Service was very good, although a tad slow at times, but we didn't care because we wanted a long time to hang out.

Date of visit: September 2017