“Foie Gras Heaven”

Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #184 of 3,703 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Georgetown
Cross street: S street
Transit: Foggy bottom metro station in Georgetown
Description: Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar, located in upper Georgetown, will transport you to the center of Paris as soon as you enter. Bistro food with all its subtle heartiness and its big choice of full-bodied wines is enveloped in a intimate, cozy interior. Wine tastings, private dining room and live jazz twice weekly have all been recently added to enhance your dining experience.
Reviewed 29 April 2018 via mobile

The six of us had a reservation at this small but lovely restaurant for dinner. The service was very attentive and absolutely amazing. I would say the service here was perfection. The food followed suit. Whether it was a beet salad or the pea soup the ingredients were fresh, tasty, and well presented. They serve foie gras here and it is absolutely wonderful. The main courses whether beef medallions or fish matched the wonderful tastes of the first course. Make sure you get dessert here. Heavenly! I’ve marked this place off for my return to DC. I’ll definitely be back.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

We visited Lepic with friends who had been there before...friends who are serious foodies and know their wines. All four of us were pretty happy with our meals. Mine had promise but didn’t quite live up to it, a couple of small pieces of salmon paired with scallops, wrapped in puff pastry. By the time the dishes made it to the table, my puff pastry had dissolved. Never the less, the flavors were wonderful. We all appreciated the not-giant portions, which made it possible to enjoy a bite of dessert. I would go back to eat, but my hard-of-hearing spouse would not. The restaurant is tiny, cozy, and it only takes one nearby table of exuberant guests to make conversation difficult. The service, by the way, was excellent.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar delivers from beginning to end. If you want a formal dinner experience, please make sure that you select the room downstairs. If you want a more casual experience (bar, drinks, social experience), select the room upstairs. I didn't know this until later, as I was reading the reviews and this restaurant was more than accommodating in moving me to the lower floor. The service, food and attention to detail was more than amazing and would highly recommend making reservations in advance. It is a quite a small place, but certainly great for special occasions. The drinks, soup of the day and risotto were more than great. Make sure that you visit this restaurant when you are in the Georgetown area!

Reviewed 22 February 2018

We were to have one night in Washington (Georgetown) so it was important to get it right. Wow,did we!! We had one of the best dinners we've had in recent years at the Bistro Lepic. Unassuming from the outside, inside we found an intimate, elegant, yet casual ambiance. We ate downstairs in the more "formal" restaurant; the wine bar is located upstairs. We were eager for some guidance in our wine selection, and our server encouraged up to try samples of several wines of interest to us. We went with a Beaujolais which proved to be an excellent choice. The food was outstanding, the pace of the meal was perfect, and overall service was impeccable. If we were to return to the area, we would hesitate to go anywhere else. A very special evening!

1  Thank roeburn
Cyrille B, Owner at Bistrot Lepic & Wine Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 February 2018

Thank you so much for your review.
We are very happy you enjoyed our restaurant and made your evening memorable.
Visit us anytime.
Sincerely

Reviewed 17 February 2018

My wife and I have eaten there several times. Always in the upstairs wine bar area, because we have no reservations. Food is consistently good. Any "French" dish is a good bet, but I also enjoyed the risotto with quail.