“Real good home cooking”
Review of Crown Bakery

Crown Bakery
Ranked #43 of 61 Bakeries in Washington DC
Reviewed 2 September 2016 via mobile

Best trini food I've had in a while.
Like home cooking food.

This place never fails to give you a taste of Trinidad.

Reviewed 27 January 2015

The best place to go in the Petworth neighborhood of Washington DC for breads and pastries with Caribbean appeal. I particularly like their "Coconut Bake".

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Since recently relocating to the East Coast from California, we have been on the hunt for great Caribbean food. We were driving on Georgia Avenue and saw the Trini flag. We pulled over and it was the best last minute decision ever made. I love this place! Went back two days in a row. The fish is absolutely delicious. I took an order of doubles to go for dinner that night. My husband had the curry goat and it was melt in your mouth delicious! Almost as good as my mom's (we are Trini). The food is as authentic as can be. The roti was also very very very good. And I was addicted to the pone! The Sunday brunch/buffet is a great deal. Everything from macaroni pie, callaloo, stew chicken, and curry crab to saltfish and bake. And I had a real Solo... I have not seen one since I last visited Trinidad. The service is just wonderful. One of my favorite places to eat in DC and certainly the best Trini food around!

1  Thank Rjumpnkiss4
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Fantastic spot to pick up Trinidadian baked goods. They also serve delicious hot food items. On my last visit I shared a boneless chicken roti, shark & bake (like a fish sandwich with shark) and pholouri. Everything was good including the service.

They also had a buffet service upstairs however I did not have time to indulge as I took my food to go.

Will I return? Absolutely