“Large convention location”

Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
Ranked #65 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Great hotel. Not in love with the rooms--the interior rooms are a bit awkward, but the rooms are comfortable. Lots of lobby space for meeting. Best part is the service. Our flights were cancelled, and the hotel gave us great rooms for another night with M Club access to "ease our pain." Super nice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with interior view.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,753)

Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Here for a weekend for a company event. Mold in the shower and rusted bathroom floor. Gross and wearing flip flops in the shower. Should be so much nicer for the price. Also very small for the price!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Overall a very nice hotel. However, once you look a little closer they missed the mark on some of the details.
Check in was a breeze and the front desk person was very nice and helpful. Our room was very nice and clean. However, two of the three bath towels should have been retired at least 6 months ago. They were very rough and old. Also, the water pressure in the bathroom was lacking. Both the sink and the shower pressure was not up to the standards that a hotel such as this should have. The bed was very comfortable. The TV worked great.
Our room was on the M Club floor and we visited the M Club for happy hour and for dessert. The happy hour selection was not as good as I would have expected. The hot items were mushroom filled ravioli which tasted good but the other selection were these mini hockey puck breaded/fried things that I couldn't identify. I tasted them and they had no real taste and were very dry. Again, I would have expected better from a Marquis property. On the other hand the dessert selections were awesome. It seemed like every 15 minutes while we were there they brought out something new. That was awesome! the soft drinks are free of course but the liquor is a cash bar, and is quite pricey. $13 for a glass of wine... ouch..
The last bit of trouble was getting my car out of valet. The person who took my car wrote down an extension to call when I wanted my car. I called that number for 10 straight minutes and it was busy the whole time. I then looked at the phone and hit the valet button and was connected. I have no idea what that number he gave me was all about but I recommend if that happens to you just ignore it and use the valet button right on the phone.
So overall a very nice looking hotel with nice rooms. But once they decide to pay attention to off of the little details that seem to be missing this will be an excellent choice in DC.

Stayed: October 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

Glad this was not on my dime. WiFi is not complementary and the TV kept cutting out. Not that I am here to watch tv but it is nice to wake up or come back to room and watch the new without the channel cutting out. WiFi is an additional $13 a day. Who doesn’t offer complimentary WiFi these days. Answer is this place. Convenient location but room and amenities is not worth the price.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Anthony P, Manager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Good Evening,

Thank you for taking the time to review the property. We appreciate your feedback.

I'm terribly sorry that the TV was not properly working in your room. I can certainly understand how frustrating this must have been wanting to relax and not being able to. In addition, we do offer complimentary internet to all rewards members. The program is free to sign up and you then can begin to accumulate stays and points to use for future reservations.

Please let me know if there's anything else that I can assist you with and thanks again for staying with us.

Anthony

Reviewed 12 October 2017

We were here for the American Academy of Nursing Conference & Induction of New Fellows. Beautiful big city Hotel with all the amenities. Definitely a Convention property, but, still very quiet, as the ballrooms are below ground. Spacious rooms and very clean.
BUT, if you are looking for an ice machine, I hope your on the right side of the hotel, because all ice machines are located on one side of the hotel, which in our case, was a long walk... "the ice could melt, on your way back to the room." But we did have a great stay. Tip: stay away from the buffet breakfast, eggs were runny & no flavor.

Room Tip: all rooms are good
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business