“Just right ”

Marriott Marquis Washington, DC
Ranked #62 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Marquis for 4 days for a meeting. Room was just fine, daily maid service was good. Never left the hotel the entire time. Attended meetings which included lunches & dinners-all fabulous! Grab & Go was overpriced-$3.50 for a Chobabi?!?!
Starbucks in the lobby. Recommend staying here highly for meetings.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,777)

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

One of my worst experiences in a Hotel. I visited because of a conference in the Convention Centre next door and booked a room a day early and paid in advance so I could come and checkin in the morning. When I arrived they said my room had been given to someone else and I had to wait until after midday and people had checked out. Finally they gave me a room with queen beds when I had booked a king. There was no apology throughout.

The cleaning of the room was poor every day - glasses were not washed, coffee cups not thrown away.

After staying several nights, the day I was leaving I called to ask for a 45 minute extension of my checkout time so I could complete my sessions at the convention. They flatly refused. When I rushed back between my sessions to check out on time they took 25 minutes to come and take my luggage. I called to ask if they could be quicker and they said no. Again no apologies at all.

I expect a hotel of this brand and level to provide better service and if they cannot do something at least apologize. It seems the staff have been trained in just saying no and being rude.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Anthony P, Manager at Marriott Marquis Washington, DC, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to review the property. I'm sorry to hear that your experiences were less than enjoyable. The issues you've described are certainly concerning and something that is atypical for our property. We frequently are housing large groups in connection with the convention center, so this should be nothing new for our staff members. Again, I'm terribly sorry that this was not displayed throughout your stay.

I have also shared your comments with our Housekeeping Leadership team to ensure situations like this do not occur in the future.

We appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope that you'd consider doing so in the future. Please contact me directly if you'd like to discuss this further or if you plan on staying again. I'll personally make sure that everything operates flawlessly.

Kind Regards,

Anthony

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

The service was gracious from the moment I arrived. They quickly checked me in and accommodated all of my needs. The rooms are comfortable, clean, and inviting at the end of a long day. There are several internal restaurants, Starbucks, and parking onsite, and a hi-speed internet access.

Must stay location especially if attending a conference next store.

Reviewed 17 October 2017

Everyone at this hotel was helpful. Front desk folks checked customers in quickly nd efficiently. The hotel was very clean. Only ate breakfast here and it was fine. The hotel is close to the Metro and a good location.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 October 2017

Great hotel. Not in love with the rooms--the interior rooms are a bit awkward, but the rooms are comfortable. Lots of lobby space for meeting. Best part is the service. Our flights were cancelled, and the hotel gave us great rooms for another night with M Club access to "ease our pain." Super nice.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms with interior view.