“Good, not great; 3.5 circles maybe?”
Review of La Plaza

La Plaza
Ranked #2,414 of 3,368 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Mexican
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

I was in the mood for a South of the border flavors and gave this place a try. It's not bad ... I certainly do not think it's as bad as some of the reviews. However, it's certainly not great. If possible I would give this 3.5. It's better than a 3, not quite as good as a 4... so I rounded. Make sense? It's reasonably priced. If the lines are long on other places, give this place a try.

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I ordered chicken enchilada and chicken taco combination plate. Both were very bland and there was no enchilada sauce. The most flavorful thing on my plate was the raw onion. Their guacamole and rice seemed like it came from a package. Very disappointing. I do not recommend eating here.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

Loved how staff treated us, they were amazing. But the food is not Mexican, it is Tex-Mex. I am Mexican so it is a big deal for me, but I am sure if you don't have great expectations and you like Tex-Mex, you'll enjoy this place.

Reviewed 4 April 2017

We had a very good meal here. Pretty standard Tex mex but some surprises thrown in, including fried plantain and yucca, which I had never tried but was really delicious. Very friendly staff, good service, great for families.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

This place is an insult to the Salvadorian people. First the menu outside says $1.90 for one pupusa, but the menu inside is $2.50 for one. which is no problem, but the curtido was not even close to the real thing. The tamales had cheese and green sauce on it, I've been to many places in El Salvador and no one puts cheese on tamales de pollo. Flavor wasn't there, over priced food, place is in need of an update. Would not return