“Pretty Good Meal”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Capitol Hill
Cross street: 3rd Street SE
Reviewed 10 September 2017

We randomly decided to come here after doing seeing some sights nearby because we were craving Chinese and very hungry. We're not from DC.

We ordered some pork stir fry dish (I cannot remember what exactly, it may have been Cantonese) and a duck dish (with bones), plus a pot of tea and some spring rolls. Overall I thought it was good food. I wasn't impressed with the duck, but my partner said that he thought it was good. Maybe I was just hungry, but I thought the *tea* was very good. We were the only sit-in customers there, so the service was pretty attentive. I am surprised by all the BAD reviews because the food seemed to me to be at least average or a little above, definitely nothing was bad for us. Maybe our Chinese food here in St. Louis has just really gone down hill! I would go again if I was in the neighborhood.

Reviewed 5 June 2017

Good Asian Food... Asian Fusion .. Good Thai, Sushi and Chinese dishes... Good selection and Non Alcohol Drinks.. a little slow on the Service and forgot one meal completely ... But not bad... Only a block or two from the Capitol...

Reviewed 4 July 2016 via mobile

On the one occasion we forgot to check Trip Advisor, we discovered the worst meal in America. The absence of any other diners should have red flagged us. The food actually wasn't food. We later learned that a lot of DC Asian restaurants have been supplied with pig skin as a cheap substitute for chicken. My children are dry reaching as I am writing this now that we are safely home. They've goggled this restaurant and the reports are seriously disturbing. The wine was fake; a St Francis cork in a Chalone Vineyard bottle. Hopefully we all wake up alive tomorrow morning.

1  Thank RJETMelbourne
Reviewed 10 June 2016

We came to this restaurant while visiting Capitol Hill. There was no waiting time and were seated right away.

The ambiance is okay. Restroom is located in the basement and it's dark and dingy.

The have Chinese food and sushi on the menu. We decided to order sushi. Everything we ordered tasted great. The servers were friendly and attentive. My only problem was that the bites were too big and was difficult to eat.

1  Thank insanehussein
Reviewed 28 April 2016

After meeting with our Representatives on the Hill, my husband and I decided to try Young Chow, since it was fairly close to the House offices/and our hotel. We were early so we ended up getting to experience their incredibly cheap Happy Hour prices for drinks and appetizers. We then went on to entrees and shared pork pad thai (excellent) and the honey walnut shrimp and chicken. Both were wonderful and we had plenty so each of us could share. We had no room for dessert...but they brought fortune cookies with the check. I would definitely go back and if you live in the area...order take-out for home! It's a great great deal for wonderful food.