“Great place for a birthday dinner”

Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #36 of 3,535 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Spanish, Wine Bar
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At the heart of Logan Circle, along 14th Street, is the busiest arts and dining scene in the nation's capital. Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant, at the heart of it all, between Q and R streets, brings a mix of old and new-world elegance to the rowhouses and Victorians that line this historic neighborhood. Start the evening with a glass of wine at the bar or enjoy tapas in our open dining space or beautiful private room. For those who enjoy dining under the setting sun or a canopy of stars, our expansive and lush courtyard has an outdoor fireplace and offers a glimpse of 14th Street's vibrant street traffic.
Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

I was visiting from out of town and took her to dinner here. It’s a great tapas and wine bar with a wonderful outdoor patio. We saw a mix of dates, friends and coworkers. They sat us right next to the fire place outside and we had a lovely waiter.

We had the bacon wrapped dates, meatballs, patatas bravas, gambas al ajillo, brocolini and cheesecake. The patatas and cheesecake were the highlight.

Nevin X, General Manager at Barcelona Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Thank you for the kind words, Tessa. We look forward to having you back in the restaurant soon, on your next visit to DC!

Nevin Xavier
Barcelona Wine Bar l 14th Street

Reviewed 3 October 2017

I'm very familiar with the Barcelona restaurants in Connecticut so I knew I had to check out the 14th Street spot since I was going to be in the area. We sat outside and it was a little cool but the heat lamps helped. And they had blankets for guests to use- such a special touch if you ask me! I came with my mom and sister and we had the crispy calamari (a must), the beet salad, the kale salad, sauteed mushrooms with salsa verde and paella. Everything was just as delicious as the other locations! Great wine list and as a special treat they brought out their chocolate hazelnut indulgence cake (a flour less chocolate lava cake with the consistency of a brownie with a scoop of coconut dark chocolate chip ice cream on top). It was divine!

Reviewed 3 October 2017

Delicious & Reasonably Priced Food. Good selection of tapas from classic to more imaginative. Efficient and Friendly Service. We had a bunch of adults and a baby. Loud and boisterous atmosphere.

Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

Definitely one of my favorite spots when in DC, I used to live in the city about 2 years ago, we recently visited some of our friends there and of course we couldn’t miss the chance to visit Barcelona; its always a great ambiance at any time, after-office hours are extremely busy but with patience you sure will get a spot either at the bar or a table, the hostess is really good at her job!

Either you go with friends or couple you will have an amazing time, the food is great (tapas) and cocktails as well. The waiters & waitresses are always attentive and really know how to approach to you and get what you are expecting.

It’s definitely a must when in DC, recommended 100%

Reviewed 28 September 2017 via mobile

The service was excellent, very attentive and knowledgeable about food and drinks. We trusted our waiter to pick all our tapas orders and he did not disappoint us!