“Wonderful dinner”

Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab
Reserve with OpenTable
Joe's Seafood Prime Steak & Stone Crab is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 3,484 Restaurants in Washington DC
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak & Stone Crab is the culmination of a partnership between Lettuce Entertain You and Joe's Stone Crab, the legendary seafood restaurant of Miami Beach. Joe's features an extensive selection of seafood, flown in fresh daily, to complement the world's finest Florida Stone Crab claws. Joe's features the signature 16 oz. Bone-In Filet Mignon and 22 oz. New York Strip Steak. Matched with Joe's famous side dishes, dinner only gets better when capped with a slice of key lime pie. Defined by a standard of hospitality born a century ago, Joe’s offers a dining experience that is timeless. Tuxedo-clad service provides a sense of tradition, while delivering the warmth and caring service that has defined Joe’s since 1913.
Reviewed 16 March 2018

We went to Joe's for dinner and it was an overall great experience. The service was excellent, various waiters and waitresses walked around making sure the water glasses were filled and serving drinks. Our waiter, Jenny, was very friendly and gave a lot of information on the various dishes and gave descriptions of dishes we chose.

The bread starter was very solid and there were quite a few options. I ordered the Fillet Mignon with a side of grilled tomatoes, the Mahi Mahi, and the stone crab. The steak was cooked very well, with a tender center and was quite flavorful, but was not overly salted or seasoned. The steak seasoning provided was good and so was the mustard. The Mahi Mahi was good and seasoned fine while also being cooked perfectly. The stone crab was served cold and was light and flavorful.

The restaurant is quite elegant and the waiters are dressed as so, but, casual dress such as a shirt and jeans will suffice at this location.

It is an upscale restaurant so it is quite expensive, however, the food quality is really good and the service is excellent.

1  Thank Damien R
Write a ReviewReviews (1,810)

Reviewed 14 March 2018

This was my first trip to Joe's. They have several locations. The service was excellent. The food was fantastic.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

As you would expect from a restaurant of this caliber the service was superb. My granddaughter and I made a reservation at the spur of the moment after sightseeing and shopping all day in DC. We were not dressed up but still we were treated with dignity and respect from the moment we walked in till the moment we left. After going to another fine dinning restaurant in Georgetown and being treated not so well we were delighted to be at Joe’s. Now for the food. I started with a beautiful glass of Cabernet Sauvignon and my granddaughter the best ginger ale she’d ever had. Next I had a Madagascar prawn served with a lovely key lime sauce. The prawn was very similar to lobster, very good. I had the bone in Fillet mignon and my granddaughter the petit fillet mignon, both medium rare as requested the they were excellent. For sides we had the roasted cauliflower with sage butter and green beans almandine. Both excellent. We followed with a slice of key lime pie with extra whipped cream (granddaughter’s request) again very good. Our bill came to $180ish and I left $250 because our service was so good!!! Yes it’s expensive to eat at a place like Joe’s but at this point in my life I like and want this kind of restaurant, food and service. I appreciate how kind our service was. I live in Florida and if I’m ever in Miami I’ll be stopping at Joe’s there. Thank you Joe’s you have trained you staff for excellence.

1  Thank sveetone12
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

Reservations are a must. Be sure to request a booth if you prefer a booth over a table. Booths were half moons and looked over dining area. We had fried oysters $18 (small, about 8 but delish), 16 oz NY strip $52, rib eye sandwich $18 and sides of mashed potatoes and steamed asparagus ($10 each). Dessert was 1/2 slice peanut butter pie, also a must have. Pricey but well worth it for overall experience. Our waiter Jeffrey was superb in all aspects. Definitely will be back each time we visit DC.

1  Thank Michele D
Reviewed 12 March 2018 via mobile

My love for Joe's is just getting bigger .. my to go place at all times.. flavourful, Nice and clean. Helpful staff and very welcoming. Every plate you order is a story by itself ..