“Delectable!”
Review of Rasika

Rasika
Reserve with OpenTable
Rasika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 3,485 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: On D Street Between 6th and 7th Streets.
Transit: Two Block Walk From the China Town/Gallery Place Metro and One Block Walk From the Archives/Navy Memorial Metro.
Reviewed 27 March 2018

By far one of the most enjoyable meals while I was there. The manager Santosh was key in setting up a romantic and enjoyable anniversary dinner. The food was modern and eclectic, a twist on traditional indian fare, however, when I asked for indian spicy, it was on point. The meal was not heavy, drinks were amazing and the desserts delish. I had a vegetarian paneer dish while my husband had a tandoori chicken. We tried the palak chaat, oh man, light airy, perfect. To end the evening, we had an cardamon ice cream and gulab jamon. All in all, a wonderful anniversary dinner and we cannot wait to go back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,481)

Reviewed 27 March 2018

I was really excited about eating here. According to most reviews, this place is the BOMB, and the place to eat Indian food in DC. I could eat Indian food 8 days a week! The crispy spinach was really good. but the chicken tiki masala was only meh. It was more salty than anything. We had the crispy spinach, two orders of the chicken tiki masala and three mixed drinks. Bill was 88.00 + tip. I would have been OK with that if the food was excellent but this was just OK. Glad we went once but won't be back.

Reviewed 24 March 2018

Our server was informative and helpful.The fried spinach is not to be missed. It is a house favorite. All of our selections were delicious. The carrot crumble for dessert was another DO NOT MISS.

Reviewed 23 March 2018 via mobile

The restaurant has a limited menu. The starter they called a samosa was mashed potatoes in pastry. The lobster malai was like eating lobster in boiling water without any spices. This is not an Indian restaurant. I cannot understand how people could eat this food. Stay awayyyyy.

Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

Very rarely, am I truly impressed with service and food quality. Well, Rasika is beyond any expectations regarding taste, flavor and aroma of the various dishes.
If your in Washington and don't stop for one meal, you just missed a true dining experience.