“Best cupcakes in D.C.”

The CakeRoom Bakery
Ranked #22 of 63 Bakeries in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 15 October 2017

We were eyeballing the CakeRoom Bakery for quite some time and finally went there. Now we are their regular customers and order our birthday cakes there. Their bakery itself is small but has a great ambiance and wonderful service. It reminds me of quaint french bakeries. If you happen to be in Adams Morgan, don't miss this place. They have the best cupcakes in the D.C. area.

Reviewed 20 May 2017

I was delighted by the service I received when I ordered a celebration cake for my daughter's graduation ("funfetti" with a college logo), and when I picked the cake up and saw how beautifully it was decorated. However, the cake was perhaps the driest I've ever had from a bakery. A few bites was all anyone took and the remainder was discarded. Disappointed to have spent so much and have my guests leave it on their plates.

Reviewed 13 May 2017 via mobile

Visited around 6pm on a Friday. Not much of a selection left over. Ended up getting a piece of cake. Tasted like box cake with home made icing. $6 and it was just OK. If I went back I wouldn't get cake, I'd try a cookie.

Reviewed 27 April 2017 via mobile

I had heard they have one of the best cheesecakes in DC along with some of the best cookies.

I ordered a slice of the Oreo Cheesecake and 2 Chocolate Chip Cookies. They were very very good. While not the best I've ever had it was in the top 5.

Only real issue was they don't carry plain cheesecake. You have to special order it.

Overall 4 1/2 stars. Rounded up because they don't deserve a 4.

Reviewed 7 April 2017 via mobile

what here to buy a lemon bar for my daughter. She didn't care for the lemon bar however we saw other treats that looked delicious. So a
few days we later came back. It was at 8:58 (they close @ 9). My daughter had her hand on the doorknob & the girl literally came out if nowhere, locked the door, then turned around & walked away! How rude!! All she needed to do was say I'm sorry we're closed.
Really getting tired of rude people.