“A solid choice for Moules Frites ”
Review of Brasserie Beck

Brasserie Beck
Reserve with OpenTable
Brasserie Beck is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #172 of 3,666 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$25 - US$100
Cuisines: Belgian, French
Good for: Business meetings, Bar Scene, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighbourhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Transit: McPherson Square or Metro Center
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Brasserie Beck is right around the corner from my apartment. It’s always looked appealing with its outdoor, sidewalk seating. As a restaurant it seems set in its ways - not a lot of adventurous specials off the menu, which seems very, very settled. My wife & I had different salads. They were both delicious, but big. We could easily have split one and done well. We each had different preparations of moules frites. My wife had her moules in white wine sauce, while I had the moules with mushrooms and bacon. Both were delicious and highly recommended. The portions are large - we should have purchased appetizer size portions and split a side order of frites. The wine list is good and fairly priced. Service was excellent. We’ll be back! Recommended.

Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

We arrived here by accidentally. It was raining; it was close. We were with a former exchange student now a lawyer and wanted a quiet place to talk. We felt a little under-dressed when we walked into the place but staff made the s quickly feel at home.

The service was excellent and non-intrusive. I noticed that the prices were higher than we would seek out except on a special occasion.

I ordered a white fish and both women ordered a soup. All were satisfied with our choices. My fish was one of the best prepared tilapia ever. It was the special for the day. I did not realize the restaurant was offering food of Belgium and had assumed it was French. Rich, carefully presented, expensive, with fine sauces. The Belgian fries were a fun side with three different sauces; one mayo.

The atmosphere was conducive to conversation and that was the focus of a time together.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Brasserie Beck. For being in downtown DC (a place where three star sit down restaurants reign), it's worthy of a four star rating. It's close to the Convention Center. Here's what's to love:

1) Space: It's not fine dining, but the design of the restaurant is approachable while also nice. It's massive with a large bar, dining area, and rooms for private events.

2) Patio: They have a great, large outdoor patio.

3) Drinks: They have one of the best beer programs in the city with beer you can only find here out of all places in DC.

4) Food: It's good. Nothing on the menu is unique, but their staples are excellent and I never tire of it.

If you are looking for a great spot for a working lunch, happy hour or event, go here!

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My wife and I arrived for happy hour and then moved outdoors to the sidewalk dining area for dinner. Happy hour included discounted drinks and oysters, as well as other seafood offerings. Happy hour pricing is limited to the bar area. BB offers mussels prepared four different ways as entrees. Our server recommended the "traditional" version (garlic, white wine and a little cream) and the version with mushrooms and bacon. We ordered one of each, along with the frites. Everything exceeded expectations (which were pretty high). BB offers a wide selections of beers on tap and in bottles and cans, specializing in Belgian selections. We'll definitely be going back next time we're in DC.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Brasserie Beck offers the typical menu for this sort of French/Belgian food. My wife and I both enjoyed our dinners. The decor is pleasant and the room is not loud. So it is easy to hear each other speak. Service was prompt and efficient.