Centrolina
Reserve with OpenTable
Centrolina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 3,337 Restaurants in Washington DC
Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

I stopped in for solo lunch at the bar - a good option as they were fully reserved. I had the mushroom fettuccine. It was perhaps the best I’d ever had in terms of flavor - wonderful. My only complaint was that there were not enough mushrooms- mostly on the surface. I would have favored paying a few more $ for more. But that said, it’s still a five because the best I’ve had. And the server was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed 15 October 2017

We were a party of four in mid-October 2017 celebrating a birthday. We were seated in a quiet corner table, as requested when we made the reservation a week before. The antipasti -- polettinne (faux meatballs made from shitake mushroom) were delectable, the braised oxtail with tuna sashimi delicious and an unusual combination, and the grilled spicy octopus and squid was great. Three of us had pasta for our main course. The winner was gnocchi with sweetbreads in a white sauce -- just heavenly. The trofi with chicken and mushroom and sage ragu was also very good. The pappardelle with chestnuts, rabbit, nebbiolo and olive ragu and parmesan was fine but not in a class with the other pasta. The goat porchetta with baby potatoes and roasted peppers was quite good but could have used a longer marinade -- a bit more chewy than anticipated. A lovely dolcetta d'alba complemented all of these disparate dishes wonderfully well and was very reasonably priced. Amy Brandwein, the chef-owner of this delightfully casual restaurant (combined with an Italian market of sorts), is a genius with pasta. Her menu changes daily -- it's creative, seasonal, and the taste combinations will surprise you. Highly recommended for something a little different on Palmer Alley in the heart of CitiCenter, where you can enjoy the lively street life before or after your meal.

Reviewed 19 September 2017 via mobile

I really struggle to understand the great reviews this place gets. I have shopped at their market before - bought very expensive dry pasta which ended up being infested with bugs and the famous three layer almond cookies, which I found surprisingly bland. Recently I went for dinner with friends. We sat outside which was a treat and the service was excellent. The food though was really disappointing and the markups on the wine seemed ridiculous. I ordered the pork and my piece of pork was so dry that I couldn't eat the outer portions of the piece at all. It was served with a very small handful of very small potatoes and a forgettable but salty greens side. Desert was based on a peach which was rock hard. Easily one of the most disappointing expensive meals I have had in a long time. I would have sent it back but one of the people I was with was in a hurry. I won't return. DC has lots of excellent eating options.

Reviewed 8 September 2017 via mobile

Made a reservation more than a week in advance for a group of 10 people. We arrived right on time and they told us the party before us was still finishing up. We waited 15 minutes and the previous party was still not done. We left the restaurant. Very unprofessional. Staff needs to learn how to stagger reservations so this does not happen.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Three of my friends and I had dinner here recently. It was busy for a weeknight and I recommend reservations. It was a great atmosphere, with attentive service; the server was very helpful with wine samples and recommendations, and from drinks to fish, pasta, appetizers and dessert, it was all delicious! Could end up being pricey if you go all out, but you don't have to, to be very satisfied with your meal and evening. Go enjoy!

1  Thank Amy W