8 people are viewing this hotel
US$599
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$599
Free cancellation until 08/10/22
FindHotel
US$323
Free cancellation until 06/10/22
Hotels.comUS$599
TravelocityUS$599
Agoda.comUS$628
All reviews rooftop pool front desk spa tub wedding weekend common areas great stay great hotel king suite great neighborhood early check rooms are spacious whole foods restaurants and bars an upgrade love this hotel the entire staff checking in
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 June 2022

We had an amazing stay at Viceroy DC. Justin was amazing, polite and prompt. Honestly felt like family as soon as we walked through the doors. Justin made us feel welcome. Checking in and out was extremely smooth. The rooms were clean. Great location. We will definitely be back.

Trip type: Travelled with family
General Manager, General Manager at Viceroy Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2022

Dear Chantel,
It was truly a pleasure to host your recent stay at Viceroy Washington DC. We're delighted to hear we were able to deliver such a positive experience, and you appreciated our clean and comfortable accommodations and great location. It's also great to know you enjoyed our team's excellent hospitality; we will be sure to pass along your kind words, especially to Justin! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments, and we very much look forward to your return!

Reviewed 5 June 2022

When I arrived, I was told that I had not made a reservation. Took them 30 minutes to find my reservation.

Then, after a ridiculous wait, we get up to our room to find that the cleaning staff has left used rags on the desk. Unbelievable for a 4 star hotel.

On top of that, the amenities fee was not properly disclosed before the booming, so although I can easily afford the extra $25 per night, it felt EXTREMELY dishonest. Worse, the valet parking appears to have been in a public garage. If you don't have a private garage and are charging $50 per night for valet parking, you're wrong. I've paid businesses to hold my cars in their private garage and clean them before my arrival at a lower nightly rate than what I paid viceroy- it would have been less insulting if I didn't have to call 10 minutes in advance to have my car brought around. I am happy to spend money, but I do not feel like I am being scammed. Hiding expenses from me is not acceptable from a business. Be honest about what it costs and I will gladly pay for the experience!!

It's worth noting that the phone did not work properly, the shower was either full hot or cold, with no correspondence to the marking on the handle, and the google smart device by the bed was completely useless and could not answer basic questions. All small issues, but they add up when you're paying for a 4 star boutique experience.

Most importantly, the pool hours were disgraceful. What is the point of a rooftop pool and bar if it closes at 4pm!? I have meetings during the day! I work! I have stuff to do! I didn't come to DC to lounge by the pool during business hours. Open it up for the evenings so that guests can enjoy the rooftop at sunset!!

Date of stay: May 2022
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank georgeroush5
General Manager, General Manager at Viceroy Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2022

Dear Guest,
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. It is our mission to provide the best experience possible, and we apologize if we fell short. Your experience is not typical, so we will be reaching out to you directly for further information. We look forward to speaking with you and hope to come to a satisfactory resolution regarding your concerns.

Reviewed 5 June 2022

We had our first visit to DC since the pandemic and the Viceroy exceeded our expectations. The front desk staff especially Deja treated us like friends and welcomed us each time we came in the door. The room was upgraded so it was large enough to spread out since we stayed a week. The neighborhood is lively with many restaurants just a block away on 14th St. We took taxis to the museums on the Mall and the hotel is about a $10 cab ride away. Thank you, Viceroy! We can’t wait to return.

Date of stay: May 2022
General Manager, General Manager at Viceroy Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2022

Dear Guest,
Wow! What a fabulous review. To hear that our fantastic location and cozy accommodations were some highlights of your visit is music to our ears. Our team will be delighted to see that you enjoyed our stellar service as well, especially Deja. We are so lucky to have her. Anytime you need another phenomenal getaway, count on Viceroy Washington DC again to deliver.

Reviewed 5 June 2022 via mobile

Mr. Ahmet Seyit was very kind and helpful, nice Hotel in Washington.
After our flight was canceled and our baggage were already at our final destination he helped by giving us nessecary products such as deodorant and other things.
And he knows the area very well and was able to point us to a really good restaurant. Overall really nice guy, helpful and competent.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Mesut,
Thank you for the outstanding rating of your recent stay at Viceroy Washington DC. We're glad you enjoyed our excellent accommodations and exceptional service. It's good to know Ahmet was helpful and accommodating so you could have a pleasant evening following your canceled flight. Your kind words will be shared with him. Please consider allowing us to host you again should your travels bring you back to Washington, D.C.

Reviewed 4 June 2022

Had a great stay with my friend and I as we took an early birthday trip for her! They gave us an upgrade & complimentary bottle! We had an amazing time! Staff was super friendly, especially Deja! We’ll be staying here again

Trip type: Travelled with friends
General Manager, General Manager at Viceroy Washington DC, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2022

Dear Jamie,
We're honored you chose to celebrate your friend's birthday with us at Viceroy Washington DC. Learning that we exceeded your expectations made our day—thank you! We can't wait to share your praise with Deja; she will be thrilled that you were impressed by her hospitality. We look forward to seeing you again soon!