All reviews american university the shuttle driver national cathedral hotel shuttle savoy suites wisconsin avenue russian embassy whole foods complimentary wine bagel place memory foam college visit woodley park metro station boutique hotel free shuttle valet parking rooms are spacious
Reviewed 17 July 2018

Our stay in this hotel is a repeated choice because we like it. It's a newly-renovated boutique hotel with very pleasant atmosphere. The rooms are comfortable and the service is great. The front desk staff accommodated our needs to be in a very quiet upper floor part of the hotel with a view. Reda was very friendly and pleasant like the other colleagues. It's in a good location where you could easily find parking on the street. We were able to walk to many places including Georgetown. The lobby is not very comfortable so you can't hang out there if you want to take a break from staying in your room.

Room Tip: Upper floors are better. Our room had a view of the National Cathedral.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2018

Stayed here with my daughter for American University orientation. This was a great comfortable stay. Complementary coffee in the morning water with lemon and rosemary all day and wine in the evening from 5-6pm was a nice welcome back from a long day.
Comfortable bed, nice bathroom and shower. Had full bottles of shampoo, conditioner and body wash available for guests.
Shuttle service to AU and Metro a plus! Cassie was great and offered great suggestions for local eateries. One day I forgot my cell phone in my room they retrieved my phone and brought it to me at orientation. That made my day!
I look forward to staying there again in the near future.
See you soon
Lisa

Reviewed 12 July 2018

Cute little hotel near the Russian Embassy and the rows of empty diplomat houses opposite its gates, American University, National Cathedral, Dumbarton Oaks and Gardens, Georgetown....missing a swimming pool, but it has everything else. Even Yoga Mats in the rooms, stocked minibars, coffee and tea in the AM, fresh lemon rosemary water in the lobby all day, hosted wine hour in the late afternoon. Restaurant in lobby with great pizzas, salads, and light meals...a scene on the Deck, with dogs welcome. Walkable to attractions I mentioned. Helpful minivan shuttle runs a few hours in early morning and late afternoon to and from American And Georgetown campuses and other attractions within 2 miles. Cassie wonderful driver!

Room Tip: Great for families. Seems to be under construction/renvoation, as it is in constant use.
Reviewed 12 July 2018 via mobile

Clean large room. Comfortable bed. Pleasant helpful desk staff. Nice details like free loaner bikes and fitness center in basement. Nice restaurant/bar in lobby. Monsoon rains kept me from Venturing out into the neighborhood. I would definitely stay here again, if in area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 July 2018

The hotel's shuttle bus driver, Cassie, went out of her way to treat us well! She was friendly and helpful and really made our stay "extra special"! The hotel is in a beautiful neighborhood, the room was clean and comfortable, and we really enjoyed our stay.