“Love this place”
Review of Philos

Philos
Ranked #1,572 of 3,382 Restaurants in Washington DC
Price range: US$8 - US$23
Description: Winebar offering 20+ wines by the glass paired with Mediterranean Fusion Mezze style sharing plates. Good for groups, dinner dates, families. Serves unlimited brunch package on Saturday and Sunday. Patio is pet friendly.
Reviewed 30 March 2017 via mobile

Nice small plates. Good variety for evening out after work. Veggies are great! The sangria is worth a try

Reviewed 28 August 2016 via mobile

Meh. Will I go back? Probably not. Food was basic, taste was just ok, prices were average. Only good thing was the service. Too bad.

Reviewed 22 August 2016

Good selection of food choices, good meeting place to wind down the day. Sangria is excellent! One of my choices in the area

Reviewed 7 February 2016

My husband and I stopped here for a bite to eat before a concert at the Verizon Center. The service is absolutely fantastic, friendly and attentive without being overbearing. My husband had the mixed grill (big plate), which he thoroughly enjoyed. I had the chicken skewers, which were cooked wonderfully, and the vegetable turnovers. We also spit a cheese plate. I work in the area and will definitely be back. I do have to say that the menu is smaller than other mezze restaurants in town, but the quality and the service make up for that.

Reviewed 24 January 2016

Previous incarnation of a Mediterranean restaurant was much better. My party arrived with a reservation previously made for 7pm. The staff couldn't locate our reservation but we went ahead to be seated in an empty restaurant (2 other parties). We found out that their computer was not set from lunchtime to dinnertime reservations.

First snafu aside, we told the waiter that we have another engagement in 2 hours... one hour later, we were still waiting for our dinners. Only the appetizers were served. As other patrons start coming in, it seems they were only interested in cocktails and entertaining birthday parties. OBTW, for a place that serves food on real china with proper cutlery, I find it very annoying to see french fries on a paper bowl.

For a restaurant with over 40 seats, they could afford a second waiter.