All reviews the main house fried catfish carriage house original house old victorian sliding barn door beautiful hotel chain hotels breakfast is served downtown anniston high school reunion the entire property grand ballroom an iron walk in shower made to order breakfast guest rooms
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We went to see our grandson at JSU for their last home game of the 2018 season. We book well in advance to insure we had a place to stay overnight. I selected this hotel as the ratings & review were are excellent. The pictures do not do it justice. The entire complex is located on a beautifully landscaped hill side with security gate entrance & exit surrounding the property. Our room was very nice... with 12 ft ceiling, walk in shower and it was "extremely clean". The additional rooms (which are added behind main house) are very modern & updated.They are situated around the pool and led to the main Victorian style house. The grounds were absolutely breathtaking. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be back !

• Trip type: Travelled with family
JacobC2176, General Manager at Hotel Finial, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you! We are glad you enjoyed the property, we hope to see you back again.

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I stayed in this hotel from Oct 22nd to 25th while on a business trip - I chose it because it had excellent reviews and I generally opt to stay in a boutique hotel when possible. The hotel is well appointed and occupies an entire city block. The interior of the main house of the hotel is Victorian in appearance and beautifully decorated and gorgeous to look at from the street. However most of the hotel rooms are in a much newer complex built around the swimming pool - they are category three motel rooms, cheaply appointed, clean enough but noisy in every sense. I could hear every footstep taken in the room above me and the HVAC system (on heating mode during my stay, it was cold) was incredibly noisy - each time the heating kicked on, a severe pipe knock made it sound as if someone was hammering on the wall. Breakfast was served in the main house - this was advertised as being served at 6:30 am, but only packaged food was available at this time. Hot food began to appear at 7 am but it was only on the final day of my stay when I didn't go to breakfast until 7:30 am, that a full breakfast was available. In conclusion, I was left wondering why so many reviewers rated this facility at 5 stars - it left me feeling that the reviews were somehow being skewered.

Room tip: Rooms in the main house might be better.
Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
JacobC2176, General Manager at Hotel Finial, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Hello Sean, we are sorry to hear you did not have a better time at the hotel. I wanted to note that not only are we one of the best reviewed properties in the state but we have also been recognized as the best small hotel in Alabama. Our rooms are nice and recently renovated, they all have double drywall and insulation, and also padded carpet for noise reduction, but this cannot always stop every sound. We want everyone to know that no expense has been spared for the comfort of our guests. HVAC units can be sensitive sometimes and we know that. This is why we always keep multiple extra units on hand that can be replaced any day in a matter of minutes as needed. When guests have issues we listen and focus on those areas to do better and this is why our ratings are so high. Had you let us know about the concerns as you had them we would have done anything to reconcile them. We put breakfast out on a schedule because many guests do not make it down until around 7:30 am and we want out food to be fresh for everyone. At any time our chefs can whip something up quickly for the early risers and never mind to do so when asked. Lastly we want everyone to know that the vast majority of our food does not come pre-cooked. We prepare almost all of our foods fresh daily for the best possible product and that is why it is noted so much in many other reviews. The only exception may be our bread and cereal options; however, our baked goods such as muffins danishes, and biscuits are. We hope we may have answered any questions you may have and would love for you to come back and visit us again. Thank you for your review!

Reviewed 5 November 2018 via mobile

I went to college at JSU, about 20 minutes from Anniston and when I come into town for my reunion, I always stay at Hotel Finial. I love the security of the property(it is completely gated and safe) and everything is always wonderful, from the check in, the staff, to the size of the room (wonderful shower) and the daily breakfast is nothing short of spectacular...
Hotel Finial never disappoints. The grounds are always beautiful.

Trip type: Travelled solo
JacobC2176, General Manager at Hotel Finial, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2018

Thank you! We are happy to be here! We hope to see you again soon!!!!

Reviewed 4 November 2018

Our daughter's wedding party stayed here, and it was a great experience. The staff was wonderful in working the reservations and their flexibility and helpfulness was much appreciated. Every one of the party raved about the rooms and service and Hotel Finial contributed to a fantastic weekend. I highly recommend them!

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

We are happy you had a great stay. We hope you will return soon!!!

Reviewed 1 November 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful and relaxing place. The staff were excellent and went above and beyond any expectation. You won’t find a cleaner hotel. The breakfast was also exceptional. I will be staying here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
JacobC2176, General Manager at Hotel Finial, responded to this reviewResponded 2 November 2018

Thank you! We are glad you had a great time! We hope to see you again soon!!!