“Thought it was a Motel 6”
Review of University Inn

University Inn
Ranked #16 of 17 Hotels in Auburn
Reviewed 4 December 2017

Needed a cheap room for a night during long road trip. Usually a Motel 6 does the job. When I pulled up after driving all day, I wondered why the 6 sign was broken. Ownership change. The price was right but quality poor. Mold in showers. Bare mininum furnishings. No coffee in rooms or office.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo

Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

I needed a low cost hotel for a few hours sleep on a road trip. This was the cheapest I could find in Auburn, and allegedly had free breakfast.

No issues with the girl that checked me in, and went across the street for dinner right away. When I got back I discovered the condition of the room... not what I'd expect for even the cheapest hotel in town.

I couldn't get the internet to work, but at least the bed was comfortable-ish.

Went to the reception area for breakfast, but there were only slimy honey buns that were there the night before (and for months before that, if I had to guess). The lady who lives behind reception couldn't be bothered to get out of her chair to come check me out.

Pay a little more and find a decent place to stay.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel doesn't a deserve a star. The room we had was not clean, there were roaches crawling all over the room, the shower had noticeable mold, and the staff wasn't friendly at all. I would rather sleep outside than stay there again. The worst part about it was I had my family with me during the hurricane Irma evacuation.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2017 via mobile

Last minute reservation and didn't pay enough attention. Absolutely horrible place to stay in an amazing location. Somebody needs to buy it and tear it to the ground. I wouldn't have even had a cup of coffee in the supposed lobby, much less the nonexistent breakfast. Trashy furniture that has been cut up and reused, self stick flooring that stuck to the bottom of your shoes in the bathroom, tub looked like it had been painted with a brushy sink faucet handle that came off I your hand. NEVER STAY THERE!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 May 2017

deserve 0 stars, very rude staff ( entire hotel have 2 staff, a mother and her daughter, both in home cloth), dirty underwear on floor upon entering room, dirty sink with hair, dirt and dark material, worn out furniture, but to top it all off the door opened on its own while alseep, and had to bolt it from inside,
the biggest problem was while exciting the room, the door wont close and the not very nice staff lady says ' trust me it is safe here" safe to leave ur luggage inside an open room in a nasty hotel, how on earth did place pass any inspection

Room Tip: stay away from this place