“Amazing Experience!”

Add it.
Poblanos Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 19 Restaurants in Ashdown
Reviewed 26 February 2017

We heard about this place through Facebook. Deciding to take a drive up for lunch and visit the local antique shops, Poblanos was easy to find. Parking was good and fortunately they were not too busy. We sat our selves at a booth in the back and were greeted immediately with drink requests. The restaurant was a bit austere but was clean and bright and not altogether un-pleasant. Excellent chips and salsa followed. The menu was varied and the prices, excellent! I ordered a 10oz steak served on a bed of sauteed onions, squash, green peppers and jalapenos. A side dish had the beans, rice, guac, sour cream, lettuce and tortillas. The meal was EXCELLENT! Hey chef, if you're reading this, WELL Done!! The meal was perfect. My wife had the fish taco's and was as equally pleased. The best part of our fist visit ever was Chasity (sp). She was an excellent server and a true pleasure to watch as she litterally RAN back to the kitchen continuously filling/delivering orders. The place wasnt that busy, but there she goes. So, needless to say her service was superb and she deserves a raise! On second thought, I just may ask her if she wants to come work for me! Due to her and the food, we will be regulars at Pablanos.

Reviewed 5 October 2016

One thing that I have to say about the Ark-La-Tex (Arkansas, Louisiana, Texas) area is that they have so many interesting Tex-Mex and Mexican restaurants and Poblanos in Ashdown in no exception. I knew that when we drove up to the restaurant for lunch and all the parking spots were filled, that this is a popular local place.

How could you find fault with a restaurant that offers its customers an extensive and affordable Mexican luncheon menu. They offer 12 lunch plates like their Number 10 Alambre which is a half size order of Steak, chicken, Shrimp or Sausage mixed with Monterey Jack cheese, Bell Peppers, Onion, Ham and Bacon with a side of Pico de Gallo, Rice, Beans and hot fresh tortillas priced from $6.99 to $8.49 per order.Both my brother and I had this plate with different meat choices and both of us were very pleased with our meals!

They also offer a menu of 15 Poblano's Specialties such as Poblano's Parilla, Carne Tampiquena, Chicken a la Parilla and Molcajete Especial for Two all reasonably priced from $7.99 to $24.99 per plate. They also offer 11 Combination plates which include Rice, Charro Beans or Refried Beans priced from $6.59 to $8.99 per order. And yes, they will allow substitutions for a dollar more! And if you are dining with a crowd and someone is just not that into Mexican food that day, they also offer 3 American Favorites priced from $5.99 to $7.99.

Travelers Tip: Poblanos Mexican Restaurant is open 7 days a week starting at 11 am. There is a back room with enough tables and chairs for a busload of hungry folks but kindly giver the owner/manager enough advance notice so that he could properly prepare for your visit. And even if you are not familiar with Ashdown, all you have to do is ask anyone where the Little River Country Courthouse is located and you will find that Poblanos is located right across the street! And you might be interested to know that there is also a Poblanos in Nashville, Arkansas on 4th Street.

Reviewed 29 September 2016

We discovered that when we pulled up for lunch at Poblanos all the parking spaces were full which is always a good sign. We had an enjoyable lunch from their lunch menu which is priced from $5.99 to $7.99. We both ordered the Alambre (Number 10) which is Steak, Chicken , Shrimp or Sausage mixed with Monterrey Jack cheese, Bell Peppers, Onion, Ham and Bacon with a side of Pico de Gallo, Rice, Beans and fresh Flour Tortillas. I also ordered the white Queso to accompany my meal which I really enjoyed.

Poblanos which is located across from the historic Courthouse has an extensive Mexican Menu. They offer 15 Polanos Specialties like their Hometown Special, Camaron Al Mojo de Ajo, Carne Tampiquena and Molcajete Especial for Two with prices ranging from $7.99 to $24.99 per order. They also offer their customers 11 Combination Plates priced from $6.59 to $8.99.

Finally, I just want to mention that they offer a 10% discount to their Senior Citizen customers on Wednesday! And yes, Poblanos is open 7 days a week starting at 11 am.

Travelers Note: If you are traveling through Nashville, Arkansas, they also have Poblanos Mexican Restaurant located on 4th Street which is owned and operated by the same family!

Reviewed 28 September 2016

Poblano's is a Mexican Restaurant on North 2nd Street, which is also Highway 32 Business. It's in downtown Ashdown, across the street from the Little River County Courthouse, and 2 blocks northwest of US Highway 71 and 59. It's a block and a half from the Kansas City Southern Railroad tracks. The restaurant was busy for lunch. There were tables and booths. The service was good. The owner and several employees were from Mexico, which added to the authenticity of the place. The food was tasty and affordable. It compares favorably to other Mexican restaurants I have visited. There were a few parking spaces next to the building, just off of the street, but not that many. When I arrived at 11:30 AM there was just one vacant space left. The limited number of spaces around the building was the only problem I found with this location. The menu offered many choices of dishes. It showed that they had another restaurant in Nashville, AR.