“75 years of excellence”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

It’s hard to believe that this restaurant has been here for 75 years. It’s been a long long time since I’ve dined here and I’m very happy that I was here today. They have a special menu on the weekend for brunch. Very creative and super delicious. Make note... they are moving about 2 miles away. Their landlord got very greedy and tripled their rent. They will now be on Fairoaks Avenue, just south of the freeway, in South Pasadena. Looking forward to their new restaurant, and looking forward to enjoying this restaurant more often.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

1st time we went it was great. Had a wonderful waitress who took great care of us. Based on this experience we went back again. 2nd time wasn't as good. Had 3 different servers which was strange.

Our daughter has a gluten allergy so ordered her two eggs whites and a side of rice......eggs $1.5 each + extra $1.5 for egg whites only.... and $3.95 for a measly side of rice. This was the same cost as the most expensive items off the kids menu which comes with a free choice of sides (rice as option). I queried this with the manager who seemed more interested in explaining why it cost that much than any real customer service. He did discount it in the end. My burger was overcooked (way way overcooked) and had to be sent back...no apology or discount given for that.

Good luck finding parking. They are moving locations soon.

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

The food was average. I loved the retro look, but the fabric on the booths was very worn. Very busy area, so parking was not the best.

Reviewed 23 January 2018

I've been coming here since the early 1960s and they never disappoint. I've brought generations of friends and family, and have nothing but fond memories of each visit. It's always crowded, but the wait is never too long. Friendly, efficient, and tasty. They must be doing something right!

Reviewed 5 November 2017

Very busy restaurant but fast service. Good portions. I would recommend this for families and business meetings.