Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. Restaurant and Market
Good for: Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Disneyland
Reviewed 9 November 2017

In town for a couple of days and was close to our hotel, have been to one in Hong Kong so knew what they did. Had a great shrimp meal, our waiter Anthony was great and gave us some good tips for our trip, they were really helpful thanks

Write a ReviewReviews (1,578)

Reviewed 9 November 2017

We went there with a group of seven (five kids) to celebrate my youngest son's birthday. I think the whole experience was just okay. We had wanted to go there for a while because the kids really liked the movie and we thought it would be a good experience. If you're a big fan of the movie, I think you should probably show up just once. If you're not that familiar with the movie or didn't like it, you can probably skip it.

Several of us, including me, got the Jambalaya. It was decent. The service was okay, especially since we got to use the sign at the table which either said "Run Forrest Run" or "Stop Forrest Stop," depending on whether or not we needed service. The price was about what you would expect to pay for a chain restaurant near Disneyland, higher than you would like to pay but not enough to break the bank.

The decor, which was movie-related signs and photos, looked a little faded and could probably use some updating. I wasn't real big on their birthday song in which they have the birthday boy stand up and try to stuff some birthday cake in his mouth as fast as he can. Maybe I'm a poor sport.

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Had dinner with family members. I had the fried fish, which was the best I'd had anyplace while I was in California. Only drawback -- as we'd wanted to talk during our meal -- was the very loud music. Otherwise, I'd have no second thoughts about going back again. It's a fun place with all kinds of Forrest Gump souvenirs. Everyone in our party really enjoyed their meal.

Reviewed 7 November 2017

I had actually never been to a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co, and I was on a trip with friends and it was suggested we go and I was down. I feel like for what it is the food is slightly over priced but we had a good experience nonetheless. It took a while to get service, but they were slightly busy.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Fun place, ok service... but very disappointing food. Everything in the combination dish with seafood with lobster was greasy and heavy. The oil seemed to have been used over and over again. We won’t consider going back to any of the restaurants in the chain and we don’t recommend it.