“Amazing stay”
Review of Candy Cane Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Candy Cane Inn
Ranked #4 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I can't rave enough about this hotel. Check in was a 2 minute exercise. Parking is FREE and practically on your doorstep. The gardens surrounding the complex are beautiful.

The rooms have a homely appeal, which are very clean and well equipped. Complimentary breakfast was a bonus and saved time with a busy schedule.

The pool area is lovely and inviting. My children loved the pool and spent any spare hours there. The paddle pool is a godsend with younger ones.

The location is FANTASTIC being roughly 300 metres from the parks and within driving distance of LA and various other beach destinations, such as Long Beach, Laguna and Newport. The free shuttle bus would be a bonus for anyone requiring it. We walked to the parks, which is roughly 5-10 minutes.

Room Tip: Choose a 2nd floor room but be prepared to lug your suitcases up the stairs.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
10  Thank kjm7077
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2012

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your feedback with fellow travelers. We do aspire to have a clean, quaint Inn with an emphasis on exceptional guest service and providing price value. Please feel free to contact the front desk at any time as it would the pleasure of one of our team members to assist with luggage. Kind regards!

Write a ReviewReviews (2,853)

Reviewed 23 May 2012

Stayed at the Candy Cane Inn due to the proximity to Disneyland. The room was nothing special, standard room, nice bathroom and a refridgerator everything you need in a hotel room. This hotel does have a free breakfast in the morning consisting of toast, bagels, pastries, cereal, yogurt, fruit and beverages. A perfect way to start out the day, especially if you will be eating at the parks later in the day. This helps to save a few bucks and is a solid breakfast. The pool area was kept up well, very clean and I believe the pool was heated. The walk to the main entrance to Disneyland isn't too far but the hotel has a free shuttle that you might as well utilize, drops you off close to the gate and the drivers are very friendly. Save the walking for the parks! I would recommend asking for a room away from any of the stair cases. We were right next to the stairs and it was a little loud at times. Not a big deal, but just a helpful tip. Overall my experience at the Candy Cane Inn was wonderful and I would highly recommend if you plan to visit Disneyland!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the stairs.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
5  Thank s246002

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity on your recent visit to the Theme Parks. Yes, our Pool, Spa and child’s wading pool are all heated year around for guest’s satisfaction and comfort. Thank you for recognizing our shuttle drivers and I apologize for guest noise, sometimes folks get a little caught up in the excitement. Again, thank you for your business and feedback.

Reviewed 21 May 2012

This was our second stay here and again, it was super.The Premium room is great.It is so roomy and does not feel at all cramped.Service is great,the pool is a treat!It is really worth paying a bit extra to have breakfast brought over.We will be back again in Feb.2013!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank sarah p

Thank you for staying with us again and sharing your comments with fellow TripAdvisor travelers. Yes, many folks do enjoy the added space and amenities that our Premium rooms offer. Please feel free to contact me personally when planning your visit next year as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Kind regards!

Reviewed 19 May 2012

We travel for years. There have been a handful of properties that were outstanding.
Candy Cane is one of those. Perfectly located.Very clean.Well maintained. The shuttle is a dream
right on time, the drivers friendly. For the first time ever I brought my computer along, no problem setting it up. As for Disneyland, checking the bags is a joke.

Room Tip: We have learned that staying upstairs is quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank wally53022
CandyCaneInn, General Manager at Candy Cane Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Thank you so very much for allowing the opportunity to be of service on your recent visit. We do appreciate your comments and strive to provide a clean, comfortable and well maintained property with an emphasis on exceptional guest service. Please feel free to contact me personal when you are returning as I would be delighted to assist with rates and reservations. Warm regards!

Reviewed 18 May 2012

The family and I stayed in a deluxe room - all rooms really,really small and dark. Poky bathroom. Carpets a bit dirty particularly at entry.

Staff were just plain unhelpful - couldn't tell me basic stuff about the area and how to get around. I had the feeling they knew the answers but couldn't be bothered to take the time to explain. Their attitude felt really unhelpful.

But my biggest issue was breakfast - food was ordinary with lots of processed and sweet stuff with some unripe fruit thrown in. It was all over and done with by 9am so if you didn't get there on time bad luck. And if they ran out of basics like bread at 8.30, you get nothing. Tables didn't get cleaned so it always felt disgusting to be eating amongst someone elses coffee rings and yogurt smeers. And to top it off - we had to eat it out of PAPER PLATES!! I have stayed in a lot of cheap hotels but I have NEVER seen anything like this in my life. And don't give me garbage about safety around the pool - plastic plates would solve this problem. It's just a lazy and cheap solution and it is not acceptable.

The only reason I gave the hotel a 2 instead of one rating is the location to the park is excellent. But the great location still doesn't make up for a really average hotel cause quite frankly ALL of the hotels are near enough and all have good transport. It's a shame that we were swayed by the location factor and the good reviews on this site.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
13  Thank Aussiegirl255060

I am sorry to read that your stay with us was not to your satisfaction. I would like to inform you that I have taken all of your comments into consideration and I have discussed them with my Management Team. I truly apologize that you did not enjoy the selection of our breakfast. We try to provide a variety of breakfast items so that all of our guests can find something to jump start their day. I understand that our selections may not fit every guest’s dietary needs, again I am very sorry. If you would like to discuss your concerns in more detail, please feel free to contact me directly. Warm regards!