2,915 results
All reviewspremium roomfree shuttlebagelsbreakfast deliveredalways on timecontinental breakfastevery half hourminute walkhard boiled eggsshuttle that runsaaa discountafter a long dayshuttle serviceturn down servicevisiting disneylandwelcome basketeach morning
Reviewed 23 May 2006

Our family of 5 - 2 adults and 3 children stayed at the Candy Cane from the 29/4 - 5/5 (6 nights) I agree with most reviews in this forum: - Picturesque, Beautiful, Great location........

BUT..........We made our booking via the on-line booking system well in advance before leaving Australia, confirming with the Hotel, before leaving, that there were going to be no additional charges to our quote (so that we could budget accordingly) We arrived at the Hotel and were directed to our room - only to find that there were only sleeping arrangements for 4. When I questioned Reception I was advised that there is a problem with their On-Line booking system, that the Candy Cane does not usually accommodate families of 5!! We would have to pay for a Roll-Away bed for the 6 nights - I was extremely angry but chose not to challenge the additional charges at that stage, not wanting to ruin our holiday before it had started - instead leaving it to when we were to check out.

Upon check out circumstances made it difficult to sort out before leaving (other guests checking in and our bus was waiting to take us to the airport) So after a brief discussion with Jeff (Manager) I advised him that I would contact him upon return home and send him copies of our original quote and queries.

We have been home now for almost 3 weeks and I have emailed the Candy Cane twice to challenge the additional charges - with absolutely no response from them at all. For this reason and a few other minor issues I have not rated this Hotel well - Please BEWARE even when you have written confirmation stating there will be no additional charges - you may still be up for a fight to get a charge withdrawn from your Credit Card.

Stayed: May 2006
11  Thank kangaby
Reviewed 17 May 2006

Afer researching hotels on this and other Web sites, we picked the Candy Cane Inn and are so glad we did! Our party included three adults and four young children, one of whom is very sensitive to loud noises. We had two adjoining rooms and were able to comfortably fit a playpen in one of them. The breakfasts were simple but tasty and there were plenty of healthy options (cereal, fresh fruit, bagels, milk and juice) from which to choose. The grounds were well-kept and smelled of fresh flowers. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable.

I only noticed two negative things and they were quite minor. The carpet was a bit uncomfortable to walk on barefoot, but that might have been from humidity -- hard to tell. Also, the plumbing was quite noisy and my more sensitive child awoke every time someone in the adjoining room turned on a faucet or shower or flushed the toilet.

One of the adults in our party travels frequently and has high standards. She found the hotel charming and we all agreed that it was a wonderful choice. We recommend it highly and without reservation.

15  Thank Mobile26310
Reviewed 13 May 2006

Very plesant stay at the Candy Cane. My wife and I (mid 50's) came for a three day stay. I thought that the motel would be noisy, lots of kids, etc. but was very pleased with our stay. The staff was helpful, the room was very clean and comfortable. The the entire facility is very clean and attractive. It is a very easy walk to Disneyland, even on the same side of Harbor Blvd at the Disney entrance. The hotel runs a shuttle all hours if you get tired of walking. We would stay here again.

16  Thank Extraordinary13407
Reviewed 11 May 2006

This is just the same old hotel as everything else in the area, but more somewhat more pricey. The air conditionier is a window unit, and can be loud when it kicks on. The beds are soft, which we were grateful for, and the pillows were nice. The room was clean, but very small. There's nice landscaping, but all the rooms still face the parking lot (no hallways). It got pretty noisy, even at night. We brought along a white noise machine but could still hear people out at the pool. Our tub drained exceedingly slow, but when I called the front desk they said someone would be right over to fix it. I asked them to come in the morning, as we were already in our PJs....I don't know if they did anything because it was still very slow the next night. So if you go, shower before you give the kids the bath or you may end up staying up late.
Management seemed to be around, and on top of things. The staff were friendly and accomodating. I guess I would just choose somewhere else for the money...like one of the larger chains that has indoor hallways, further from the park. The transit system is awesome, and I think those buses were around more than the hotel shuttle for Candy Cane. It would be worth it to ride the ART and be somewhere where I could sleep in quiet.

5  Thank Storyteller16619
Reviewed 11 May 2006

I definitely recommend this friendly and convenient hotel if you are visiting Disneyland! This was our second stay at the Candy Cane Inn and we enjoyed both visits. Service is excellent, as the front desk did everything possible to satisfy our requests and fix any problems. A special thank you to Eva!

I have also stayed at Disney's Grand Californian, which is newer and grander, but the Candy Cane Inn is just as convenient, and cheaper.

FREE SHUTTLE:
Also, this is the only hotel near Disneyland which has its very own free shuttle to Disneyland...it doesn't stop at any other hotels. A wonderful convenience! Runs every 30 minutes. Also, if you want to walk, it is a good brisk 10-minute walk to disneyland or Disney's California Adventures.

This is an older motel with exterior corridors. It has nice grounds and they have thought of many added comforts. There is a generous Continental breakfast with bagels & cream cheese, hot and cold cereals, toast, muffins or pastries, milk, juice, coffee, tea. Deluxe and premium rooms have shutters on the windows and comfty bedding.

Deluxe or Premium rooms away from the street are surprisingly quiet. (Standard rooms near the road will be noisier.) I didn't see any rooms near a freeway, by the way, although this was mentioned by a previous poster. The hotel is on a main road, but most of the rooms are set well back from the road. We had a deluxe room on our first visit and a Premium room on our second visit. I didn't hear any traffic noise on either visit from our room.

QUIET:
The hotel is mostly full of Disney visitors, who fall exhausted into bed by midnight. Therefore we found the hotel very quiet from about midnight through 7:00 am. Then in the morning when people go down for breakfast and to visit the park, you can hear people walking by your room. So if you plan on rising early to visit the disneyland park anyway, your schedule will suit the quiet hours at the Candy Cane Inn just fine. If you were hoping to sleep in late in the morning, it is noisy between 7:00 am and 9:00 am and gets quiet again past 10:00 am, when everybody has gone off to disneyland.

Rooms on the second floor are quieter than the ones on the first floor, in my opinion.

By the way I found Disney's Grand Californian to be very nice but even noisier!

SERVICE:
I applaud the service at Candy Cane Inn. On my first visit I had the misfortune to be sick on our last morning, and they were understanding about us checking out later than the deadline. On my second visit, I found our room was at the top of the stairs, and being a light sleeper, I knew this would be a problem for me. They arranged to have our luggage moved to a quieter room the next morning as soon as someone checked out. I was very grateful. Anything we asked for, they cheerfully provided.

Premium Room:
If you are wondering if the Premium room is worth the price...my answer is, it was for us. We liked having our breakfast delivered to our room at the latest time allowed (9:00 to 9:30), and having a VCR with free movies to borrow. The amenities in the premium room are nicer (like the soap), and since this was a girls' weekend for us on the second trip, we thought this was a treat.

Deluxe Room:
On our first visit we were also pleased with the deluxe room. It is bigger than the standard room. Keep in mind the rooms at the Candy Cane Inn aren't that big, so if you have more than 2 people, definitely get a deluxe or premium room.

BATHROOM:
Bathrooms were clean. Our premium room had a great shower head with plenty of water pressure.

FACILITIES:
The pools and jacuzzi are cute but small. They are best for kids in my opinion. The parking lot always has plenty of free parking for guests.

We have also stayed at various other hotels nearby disneyland. Our favorite 2 are the Candy Cane Inn and Disney's Grand Californian.

We paid $164 a night for 3 adults in the premium room at Candy Cane Inn in May, but Disney's Grand Californian was an additional $120 more per night on top of that for the same nights for the cheapest view (city view).

We have paid less at some of the other hotels nearby Candy Cane Inn, but were unhappy with their quality of breakfast, and with their overall service. One way I judge a good hotel is how they handle requests or problems. Many hotels basically tell you "Oh too bad there's nothing we can do about your problem!" But the Candy Cane Inn will come up with a solution for you, just give them a chance.

I am picky so I always have special requests. I like prefer a hotel like the Candy Cane Inn which cares about my requests.

Have a great visit!