“Very pleasant stay, if you have a car!”

Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area
Ranked #45 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My boyfriend and I recently stayed here overnight for our Disneyland trip. The hotel is very clean and neat, everything you would expect from a Holiday Inn. The bed was very comfortable and came with a selection of soft and firm pillows. I booked through Hotwire and was originally given 2 double beds. I asked if it was possible to get a King room and was upgraded instantly with no hassle. The room was small, but was suitable for a one night stay. It had a cute little minibar area with a fridge and coffee. They offer a wide selection of TV channels for those who are interested. There is a restraunt downstairs that offers room service. We took advantage of this for breakfast. The cost was not much more than you might expect at Ihop and the service was very quick. The sundries shop leaves a little to be desired but has the basic snacks and necessities. Although some reviews complain about construction, we felt it was the most quiet hotel we have ever been to. Not once did we experience street or hallway noise. The location is safe but a bit far to walk to local restraunts or Disneyland. I would reccomend having a car and familiarizing yourself with what's in your area so the construction doesn't confuse you. There is a bus that runs to all the local attractions including Disneyland if you desire, however there is a fee for it. The hotel is about a 5 min drive from both Disneyland and Anaheim Garden walk which has some additional shops and restraunts. We were happy that the check out time was noon since it gave us time to enjoy breakfast and get things in order after a tiring day at the park. The parking is ample. They've had burglaries in the area, but just don't leave anything important or tempting in the car and theives won't target you. Duh. Overall they stay was fantastic, I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2012
5  Thank TravelJunkie2579

Reviewed 3 March 2012

Had an amazing trip! Front desk were always so helpful! Pool/Hot tub was great! Ate at the restaurant once, got take out, food was delicious! The ART is the best thing that was created getting to and from the park! We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights and never had a problem. Gym is very clean and have great machines, the arcade was fun for my nephew. The gift shop doesn't have much stuff in it but the basic necessities which was nice. We absolutely loved our time here and can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: We had a room on the 7th floor facing the freeway, did not have any problem with noise at all from t...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank needanothervaca82
Reviewed 24 February 2012

I stay at x-mas time, When I got to my room the people next door were smoking in the room, it stank. So call front desk and talk to manager. They move us to a suit on the top floor wich was very, it wasn't there fault that those people were smoking in a non-smoking room. But they try to make it pleasent for us. It's takes about 20 min walk from the disney park wich I tough it was ok the transit was great and sheep! So I keep in mind that I didn't pay high price to stay there so you can't expect to much heither. The one thing that I do have to mention, is when you walk in the looby, in the right corner there is a booth with someone trying to sell you time sheer, that was a pain everthing you walk by they want to talk you. I tough I was in mexico! The inside restaurent was ok not the place I would go for every meal. over all ok place it just needs a good update.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank e d
Reviewed 17 February 2012

I have stayed here 4 times during the last 6 times I have been to Anaheim. My husband and I will be visiting end of February. I have always had a pleasant experience here. Lovely front desk people. The women who works in the gift shop is a hoot and a half. Nice rooms and great pool/jacuzzi area. The only negative I have is the distance from Disneyland and anything else really. There is a nice sized Gas station about half a mile away that you could walk to to get better priced snacks and what not. Really enjoyable hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank teresabutts1
PamWiebe, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2012

Dear teresabutts1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor. We're so glad you find our property to be to your liking and it's nice to hear that we are you hotel of choice when you are in Anaheim. Thank you also, for you kind remarks regarding our Front Desk staff. They work very hard to meet and exceed our guests' expectations; we're very happy to know they succeeded in your case. Yes, out gift shop lady is a hoot!

Reviewed 14 February 2012

The first time I stayed here was in 2008. The hotel was fairly new. I don't really remember too much about it, but I remember both my husband and I thought it was pretty nice. It has a restaurant, a pool, and a workout area. There is plenty of parking and they don't charge you to park, which I'm sure you know is rare for a hotel near DL. Like I said in the post above, it really is not within walking distance, unless you don't mind a LONG walk. I'd say in the morning it would probably be ok, but at night it would be a long haul. It's somewhat strange to get out of the hotel, because you can only go one way. It makes for a round about way to get to Disneyland.

Fast forward to December 2011. We stayed here for one night, and boy was I glad it was only one night! The hotel had significantly gone down hill since our last stay. Check in was quick and easy, and it was nice that parking was free. The staff was really friendly too. We had a room at the back of the hotel and the noise from outside wasn't bad at all, considering they are building a huge roadway right next door. But, the noise from inside the hotel was LOUD. Really Loud. You could hear everyone's door slam (and they had a spring that made them shut like that). You could hear people talking. It was loud, even with our sound machine on. Plus, the room we were given had an adjoining door, so we could hear our neighbors loud and clear. You could tell when the park closed and everyone came back. I actually felt really bad for our neighbors because our kids get up early and despite our many warnings the kids were not quiet (too excited to go to the park!). We found hair on the pillows that was not ours (gross!!) and hair in the shower too. Shower is a little more understandable then the pillows. Made us wonder if they replaced the linens from the previous guest. The room had a large size mini fridge and a microwave which was great. But a tiny little closet, so we had to use the table, chairs, and floor for our luggage. The heater worked, but was super loud and made a strange noise that sounded like it would break at any moment. We never tried out the restaurant. The pool looked nice and fairly large. My husband tied out the work out room and thought it was good. We booked this hotel using hotwire. I'm glad we didn't pay full price, or I would have been pretty upset. I would not stay here again. For the money I think we could have gotten a nicer and closer hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank c_miles2008
PamWiebe, Administrative Assistant at Holiday Inn Anaheim-Resort Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 February 2012

Dear c_miles2008,

Well, it sounds like your visit here was quite the mixed bag. I certainly apologize for the hairs you found in your room. This really isn't acceptable and I will pass this information on to our Executive Housekeeper so she can discuss this with her entire staff. I am also sorry that your experience was so noisy. Often times if the room you end up in is unfavorable, you can contact the front desk to be moved. I realize this may be an inconvenience, but it might be worth it for a quieter room. It sounds like there were some positives; free parking, your husband like the fitness center, staff was friendly and a few other things were mentioned. Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on TripAdvisor; we always want to hear about our guests' experiences, both the good and the bad.