“Unique African food in Southern California”
Review of Kenyan Cafe and Cusine - CLOSED

Kenyan Cafe and Cusine
Cuisines: African
Reviewed 27 July 2017

We enjoyed this restaurant. We have eaten food in Tanzania, gone to Ethiopian restaurants in the US, but have never had Kenyan food. While the vegetarian dishes we ordered were somewhat similar to other African food, they were different enough to allow for a new dining experience. The restaurant was not very busy but we did have to wait for our meals which indicated that the dishes were fresh -- in fact each plate arrived separately. We were offered Kenyan beer, Tusker, which was one of the brands we drank in Tanzania. The server was very nice and helpful. It was Father's Day and we were told offered complimentary cake -- store-bought from one of the local supermarkets but very good.

1  Thank Lorne29

Reviewed 10 October 2015 via mobile

The food is delicious! I had the vegetable combo. The restaurant is not easy to find--which is in a run down strip mall--but the trip is worth the drive.

1  Thank jenniferbrown48
Reviewed 14 November 2013

This is an interesting restaurant with very good African food. Somewhat of a mix of Indian and African. It is a hole in the wall that you would not notice if you weren't looking for it. It is in a strip mall.

Service is a little slow, but wonderful overall experience.

2  Thank James W
Reviewed 11 August 2012

The location is not the easiest to find nor can you say that the surrounding area is the most welcoming but once you enter the restaurant you will be immersed in an atmosphere of smells that will start your mouth to water. The menu will entice your eyes in many directions making it hard to decide which to select from... My recommendation is to go with the waitress/waiter selection. All of the dishes will bring pleasure to all of your senses without any doubt and will always be enough to fill you up. I have had the fish, chicken and Vegetarian dishes and have enjoyed all of them.

2  Thank sandog155
Reviewed 7 July 2012

I read a review of this restaurant and decided it sounded interesting. It's a long and pricey taxi ride from the Anaheim resort area, in a rundown stripmall. The restaurant itself is nothing fancy, and that's being generous. BUT the proprietors believe in their food, and prepare it authentically. I had a lamb stew that was delicious (though it surprised me that the lamb chunks included chunks of bone, too--careful!). I'm not sure I'd advise a visitor to Anaheim to go out of their way to find this place, but I did enjoy it.