“Authentic food and people in the land of make-believe.”
Review of Anaheim White House - CLOSED

Anaheim White House
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ball Rd./Anaheim Blvd.
Description: A truly remarkable experience, Anaheim White House Restaurant is a world-renowned Italian steakhouse & seafood restaurant in a 1909 landmark home! Located in the heart of Orange Country, this notable establishment is just minutes from hotels, the convention center, and all that Anaheim has to offer. Unwind with one of our savory entrees, like the juicy all-natural and hormone-free Prime Rib, seasoned with onions, garlic, and fresh herbs. Our guests say it's OC's best prime rib! Or enjoy one of our phenomenal pasta dishes, including specialties like the Lobster Ravioli. And of course, don't forget to try one of our rich desserts! With lunch, dinner, and champagne brunch menus to choose from, we are a fantastic destination for dates and celebrations throughout the week. With twelve private dining rooms, our staff invites you to join us for your next dinner meeting or private party. For special events like a romantic wedding, the entire Anaheim White House property can be reserved to accommodate over 200 guests. Whatever your reason for joining us, you can rest assured that our staff will offer nothing less than exemplary service and a memorable experience. From our landmark location to our award-winning menu, you'll soon find out why Anaheim White House Restaurant proudly serves as Anaheim's most famous hidden treasure!
Reviewed 18 January 2017

We came across it walking by, and what a pleasant surprise it was! The house looked great at night with Christmas lights. The staff made us feel very welcome although we were way under-dressed compare to the other diners; Our server was very accommodating ( dining with a child). The food was excellent - healthy and flavorful. The home-made pastas and creme bruille are well-worth the trip.

Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

I'm happy you guys decided to stop in! We're always happy to accommodate families, and it's great everyone enjoyed their meal. We'd love to have you back again soon!

Until next time,

Reviewed 26 December 2016

This was our second visit to the White House, the first being a visit for a tasting menu with a local foodie group. However, this was a birthday meal, which turned out extraordinary. We started off with salads served in rice paper bowls. Next for me was the rack of venison with a red wine and currant reduction sauce, served with mashed potatoes and a side of sautéed asparagus. One of the best dishes I've ever had. My wife's herb crusted prime rib, served with a side of of sautéed spinach, looked fantastic, and she said it was. Dessert was a great creme brûlée with strawberries. Service was impeccable, with someone nearby whenever your glass neared empty or there was a plate to be cleared.

For us, The Anaheim White House is not a place for regular meals, but on a special occasion, it is nothing short of spectacular.

Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

So glad your second visit was just as great, Bill! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this, and I hope we see you again soon.

Till then,

Reviewed 21 December 2016

at the outside of the restaurant, we thought tacky but found out that this is a great place to have a nice meal. My salad served in a rice "taco" shell was fantastic, yes, including the rice "taco" holder. Two people in the party had pasta, which was mouthwatering and rich---yum! Other party members had lamb shank, hangar steak, and salmon, that was also very good. This great place takes care of the little ones---coloring books and a children's menu.

The reason I rated the Anaheim White House very good, is because it does not have a bar to visit while waiting for other members to arrive and the service was a little show. But, I would not hesitate to go back for another round of pasta!

Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

So glad you had a chance to join us for dinner! It's great to see both the salad and pasta left you impressed, and I hope everyone else in your party enjoyed their meals, as well. Thank you for the feedback on a bar area too, and I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I had higher hopes for the White House in the days leading up to our dinner. I imagined the food to be really good, and it turned out to be average. Many people said they had nice meals there, however, I was less than impressed.

What was nice was the Christmas decor the restaurant displayed.

In terms of service, they did a great job. Attentive and friendly, we couldn't have asked for more from the staff. The building is overly tacky with white lights everywhere and ornate gold trimming. The odd thing is you would think the tables would be set nicer, but they are just average. White table clothes somehow here fall flat and give the impression of a run of the mill spot. I was hoping for more.

Food was good, not great. I had the beef carpaccio and the spicy penne pasta with bacon. Carpaccio was fine, not terrific and the pasta was just okay.

I wouldn't necessarily return to this restaurant.

Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2016

It's a shame you weren't impressed with your Carpaccio and penne. We take time to carefully prepare each entree with fresh ingredients, and I'm disappointed that yours weren't what you were looking for.

I am happy that our staff treated you well, though. I hope you'll stop by for another shot sometime -- maybe we can find something that's more to your taste.

Till then,

Reviewed 30 November 2016

This is literally one of my favorite restaurants. Wonderful food, service, ambiance, along with great cocktails and good wine selections. My husband and I held our small and very intimate wedding reception there with our closest family and friends. We had such a wonderful time and everyone truly loved the food and overall experience even my picky twenty something son. The memory of that evening and the wonderful meal shared with my loved ones always gives me a big smile. Thank you Bruno!

Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2016

Dawn, we're honored that you chose us for your reception, and I'm so glad you had a wonderful evening. It's great that you made memories here, and we'd love to see you again sometime.

All the best,