“Slow start... great after that!”

Anaheim White House Restaurant
Ranked #114 of 939 Restaurants in Anaheim
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Ball Rd./Anaheim Blvd.
Description: A truly remarkable experience, Anaheim White House Restaurant is a world-renowned Italian steakhouse & seafood restaurant in a 1909 landmark home! Located in the heart of Orange Country, this notable establishment is just minutes from hotels, the convention center, and all that Anaheim has to offer. Unwind with one of our savory entrees, like the juicy all-natural and hormone-free Prime Rib, seasoned with onions, garlic, and fresh herbs. Our guests say it's OC's best prime rib! Or enjoy one of our phenomenal pasta dishes, including specialties like the Lobster Ravioli. And of course, don't forget to try one of our rich desserts! With lunch, dinner, and champagne brunch menus to choose from, we are a fantastic destination for dates and celebrations throughout the week. With twelve private dining rooms, our staff invites you to join us for your next dinner meeting or private party. For special events like a romantic wedding, the entire Anaheim White House property can be reserved to accommodate over 200 guests. Whatever your reason for joining us, you can rest assured that our staff will offer nothing less than exemplary service and a memorable experience. From our landmark location to our award-winning menu, you'll soon find out why Anaheim White House Restaurant proudly serves as Anaheim's most famous hidden treasure!
Reviewed 25 January 2017

So, as this was our first time here... took advantage of the Groupon special of the five course meal with Champagne and Wine. Got off to a bit of a awkward start as after driving almost an hour to get here we really wanted to unwind with a glass of wine (we were 25 minutes early as to get there in time for a pre-dinner drink)... we checked in and asked the hostess about the bar and she directed us (surprisingly to outside under a canopy with heat lamps (which were not on... and it was chilly out there). There was a makeshift bar and so we hung out there waiting for a bartender (10 minutes), but they never came... said the heck with it, headed back inside and got seated for dinner (even though I was a bit aggravated).. With that said, that was the only hiccup of the entire night as it all went good from there!!! First came Tempura fried artichokes (crazy good) , then lobster and lump crab ravioli (yummy), salad(with their house dressing.. really nice and the main course of filet mignon and lobster tail with mash potatoes.... Delicious!!!! The plating of each dish was spectacular and the service was top notch (perfect) As my wife does not like bananas (and it clearly states no substitutions (it was a banana desert) we asked if we could purchase a different dessert for her and we were told that we could just switch out the banana dessert for the one she wanted (no charge).... what a great touch that was (makes up for no bar..LOL). Champagne on arrival, and wine with dinner were nice touches and just so happy to finally get a chance to dine here.... it was a great experience and we look forward to going back and ordering off the regular menu! (did not even deducted a star for the bar issue, as everything made up for it!!

1  Thank markj4golf
Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2017

I think I already responded to your review on another platform, but I just wanted to say thanks again, Mark! I'm glad you both enjoyed everything, and we look foward to having you back soon.

All the best,

Reviewed 18 January 2017

We came across it walking by, and what a pleasant surprise it was! The house looked great at night with Christmas lights. The staff made us feel very welcome although we were way under-dressed compare to the other diners; Our server was very accommodating ( dining with a child). The food was excellent - healthy and flavorful. The home-made pastas and creme bruille are well-worth the trip.

Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2017

I'm happy you guys decided to stop in! We're always happy to accommodate families, and it's great everyone enjoyed their meal. We'd love to have you back again soon!

Until next time,

Reviewed 26 December 2016

This was our second visit to the White House, the first being a visit for a tasting menu with a local foodie group. However, this was a birthday meal, which turned out extraordinary. We started off with salads served in rice paper bowls. Next for me was the rack of venison with a red wine and currant reduction sauce, served with mashed potatoes and a side of sautéed asparagus. One of the best dishes I've ever had. My wife's herb crusted prime rib, served with a side of of sautéed spinach, looked fantastic, and she said it was. Dessert was a great creme brûlée with strawberries. Service was impeccable, with someone nearby whenever your glass neared empty or there was a plate to be cleared.

For us, The Anaheim White House is not a place for regular meals, but on a special occasion, it is nothing short of spectacular.

1  Thank Bill R
Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

So glad your second visit was just as great, Bill! I really appreciate you taking the time to write this, and I hope we see you again soon.

Till then,

Reviewed 21 December 2016

at the outside of the restaurant, we thought tacky but found out that this is a great place to have a nice meal. My salad served in a rice "taco" shell was fantastic, yes, including the rice "taco" holder. Two people in the party had pasta, which was mouthwatering and rich---yum! Other party members had lamb shank, hangar steak, and salmon, that was also very good. This great place takes care of the little ones---coloring books and a children's menu.

The reason I rated the Anaheim White House very good, is because it does not have a bar to visit while waiting for other members to arrive and the service was a little show. But, I would not hesitate to go back for another round of pasta!

Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2016

So glad you had a chance to join us for dinner! It's great to see both the salad and pasta left you impressed, and I hope everyone else in your party enjoyed their meals, as well. Thank you for the feedback on a bar area too, and I hope we'll have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the future.

All the best,

Reviewed 8 December 2016 via mobile

I had higher hopes for the White House in the days leading up to our dinner. I imagined the food to be really good, and it turned out to be average. Many people said they had nice meals there, however, I was less than impressed.

What was nice was the Christmas decor the restaurant displayed.

In terms of service, they did a great job. Attentive and friendly, we couldn't have asked for more from the staff. The building is overly tacky with white lights everywhere and ornate gold trimming. The odd thing is you would think the tables would be set nicer, but they are just average. White table clothes somehow here fall flat and give the impression of a run of the mill spot. I was hoping for more.

Food was good, not great. I had the beef carpaccio and the spicy penne pasta with bacon. Carpaccio was fine, not terrific and the pasta was just okay.

I wouldn't necessarily return to this restaurant.

Sylvano I, Manager at Anaheim White House Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2016

It's a shame you weren't impressed with your Carpaccio and penne. We take time to carefully prepare each entree with fresh ingredients, and I'm disappointed that yours weren't what you were looking for.

I am happy that our staff treated you well, though. I hope you'll stop by for another shot sometime -- maybe we can find something that's more to your taste.

Till then,