“Good Japanese”
Review of Yosuke Sushi

Yosuke Sushi
Ranked #427 of 893 Restaurants in Anaheim
Reviewed 13 August 2015

Good fresh food, varied menu, a little pricey, but so are most Japanese restaurants. Service is always good and have both table and bar service. Only negative is that they no longer take reservations

1  Thank Fred G

Reviewed 22 April 2015

My wife and I have dined at Yosuke Sushi many times, and have never been disappointed.
They have the freshest fish, and it is prepared by friendly, jovial, and helpful sushi chefs.
Grab a seat at the sushi bar, and watch them do their magic!
The exotic rolls like rainbow roll are out of this world.
Yosuke can get very busy at peak dinner hours, so get there near to the time they open, usually 5pm.

1  Thank Rich943
Reviewed 22 April 2015

No sure what is going on at Yosuke - have been dining here for years, since the original Hamaya closed down. Generally the sushi has been pretty good, but we had the worst experience ever last weekend. I could have prepared more appealing sushi that what was served to us. Hamachi was cut 3/8 to half inch thick on one end and not much smaller on the other and then placed on what was no more than two teaspoons worth of sushi rice............not worthy of an experience sushi chef. Spicy tuna hand roll not much better - a glob of spicy tuna placed on the very top of a lot of sushi rice and wrapped. And not very tasty. The Shrimp Tempura was good as always though - the problem appears to behind the sushi bar. Based on that bad experience we will look elsewhere for our sushi from now on.

1  Thank Al R
Reviewed 4 March 2015

One of the best sushi places I've ever experienced. It's not cheap, but quite frankly if you're looking for cheap sushi, you're bound to get what you deserve! My rule of thumb is to expect to pay $20 per person for the meal alone -- not including drinks. This fits neatly into that category, and you'd be hard-pressed to find fresher fish anywhere.

I highly recommend the Tuna Rose, the Crispy Scallop Roll, the Mitzie Rolls. All of them are exceptional.

Reviewed 1 September 2014

This is my favorite Japanese restaurant in the area. Yes, it's pricey but I've been going for lunch and enjoying their $11 specials. It's pretty much the same as what you get for dinner at twice the price.

Yes, the sushi is expensive so I get it in the lunch special.

Service, well I find it to be fairly attentive. They are not the warm and fuzzy types but I've never had a problem.