“Good hotel but minimal "service" regarding front desk issues.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Menage

Hotel Menage
Ranked #55 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Winnipeg, Canada
“Good hotel but minimal "service" regarding front desk issues.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel (booked through Allegiant Air Vacation packages) for one week. Due to a "problem" with our booking, our room was not waiting for us when we arrived. This was, I hope, not the hotel's fault, and they were accommodating because I did have my paperwork with me to prove the booking. Had I not had this paperwork, I wonder if the front desk clerk would have "found" a room in a full hotel? We had our tickets to Disneyland delivered to the hotel via Dream Vacation Builders (who were amazingly helpful in all situations). The UPS envelope with the tickets in them had arrived but the front desk could not find it. We phoned DVB who had confirmed that the Hotel Menage did confirm receipt of the envelope. At the end of the day, we got a call to our room to indicate that the UPS envelope had been found. However, when I opened it.....no tickets. Just two brochures, one of which was not even part of the "package" supposed to be in the envelope! It was suspicious to say the least. Dream Vacation Builders were super helpful and sent over three more tickets that night as we were planning to go to Disneyland the next day.
In a nutshell....good, but very dark hotel. Room was large, bathroom was small, but clean and comfortable. Pool and spa were great, fireworks visibility awesome, traffic noise minimal on street side of hotel. Wouldn't want to be on the freeway side regardless of fireworks show! We did not eat at the restaurant but appreciated the microwave in the vending/ice machine area. All employees EXCEPT the front desk clerk were very pleasant, helpful and kind. The front desk clerk did not apologize for anything that was very obviously under his control. He gave an attitude of "too bad, so sad for you" and as a reflection of the hotel, was a poor representative. Dream Vacation Builders was fantastic in their dealings with this mishap and I would recommend THEM any day of the week for purchasing tickets to Disneyland!

1 Thank Yvonne R
CasaResortsInc, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
We are very sorry for the frustrations caused by communication difficulties between the third party travel agencies and Hotel Menage. These instances are very uncommon, but booking travel/tickets with too many "middle-men" occasionally has the potential of falling through the cracks.
I'm glad that everything worked out, and that you enjoyed your Disney vacation after all.
Your comments/experience has been reviewed with our front desk service staff to ensure better handling in the future.

Thank you for your kind remarks, and for choosing Hotel Menage during your week in Anaheim!

Charlotte, Guest Services

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Twentynine Palms, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2012

I was very pleased by this hotel.Took less than 5 mintues to check in and get our keys even with the clerk on the phone helping other customers.The lobby alone made me feel as if i was in a 5 star hotel.The room was amazing.Had a huge tv,softest pillows and blankets ive ever had in a hotel.The Cafe had great food and fast service.The only problem i had was the $50 fee.It was unexpected and a lot of money.Honestly if i had known about if i would have chosen another hotel.Dont get me wrong this hotel is amazing but paying full price,a $10 to $12 parking fee and $50 hidden fee is to much for any hotel

Room Tip: Cant give much advise tip wise every room seemed great to me so i would recommend any room
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank William B
CasaResortsInc, Manager at Hotel Menage, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Dear William B.

Thank you for your kind review!
I must say, I am a bit startled to hear of this $50 hidden fee you speak of. We do not charge any fee of $50, hidden or otherwise.

This could be a possible misunderstanding - As a standard industry practice, we do authorize a guest's credit card at check-in for $50 for incidentals. Incidentals include, but are not limited to, room service, parking fees, restaurant/bar tabs, etc. If there are no incidentals charged to your guest room at check-out, this $50 authorization is released, and will drop from your credit card statement.

If you feel you have been charged for anything erroneously, please contact me directly so we can resolve this issue as soon as possible. You may contact me by phone at 714-400-9094 or by email at nermin@casaresortsinc.com. I look forward to hearing from you.

Nermin Khalil
Manager, Hotel Menage
Phoenix, AZ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We stayed at the Hotel Menage for one night. The room was average, with a king sized bed and a queen sofa sleeper. The room was rather small. It was clean, but the shower head in the bathroom was dirty. I wouldnt shower. The walkway to the room is dark. I wouldnt want to walk it at night alone. Also, the hotel is right behind the freeway, so you hear traffic all night. I booked this through Hotwire, since it was received 3 stars, I would give it maybe 2.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Disneylandmomof3
Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear your expectations may not have been met, however, our ranking of 3 stars on Hotwire is quite accurately maintained. We offer all services and amenities required of a mid-range 3 star property: on-site restaurant and bar, a great pool area, room service, quality clean rooms and bathrooms, 24hr guest services, on-site secured parking and valet, fitness center, business center, etc. All of this at a low to mid-range price point for our convenient location in Anaheim.
We appreciate your business, and wish you well in your future travels.

Caerleon, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We travel to Southern California every 2-3 years and it almost always includes a trip to Disney for a few days. Out of the many hotels we have stayed at the Ménage is the best so far, and if the prices stay reasonable will probably stay that way as we will continue to use it rather than try somewhere else.
Best feature, besides it being within easy walking distance from Disney thus allowing afternoon snooze/swim; the restaurant is great and right on the doorstep. The rooms are very nice, of a good size and clean, the main attributes we look far as well as ‘value for money’.
As some reviews mention, the hotel garden borders I-5 and road noise can be heard but it certainly wasn’t sufficiently intrusive to bother us when behind the high garden walls or in the room with its doors and windows closed. The Ménage is not a luxury hotel but it is a very very nice hotel that has a wonderful location for Disney and food (hotels Kya restaurant). This is now our preferred Anaheim hotel for a Disney visit.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TC-SD
Las Vegas, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2012

We stayed here this weekend for a family Disneyland trip. I asked for a room next to the elevator for some handicapped family members and they were so accomodating! Staff was friendly and attentive and the rooms were clean and updated. The location was perfect. It was walking distance to Disneyland, Starbucks, and restaurants. I loved that the pool and spa were open 24 hours and heated. The restaurant downstairs was very affordable and great food. I loved that nothing was over $10 and this included the room service menu from the restaurant.

We only had one small issue. We pulled back the sheets to go to bed and noticed some drops of blood on the sheet. We threw that one on the floor and grabbed the second one as it was 1:30am and didn't want to deal with it. That one had blood drops on it also. I called the front desk and they had a security guard bring up 2 new sheets. My only issue was that the guy at the front desk didn't apologize for us having to remake our bed and call for clean sheets. We did get new sheets almost immediately and everything was fine.

The noise from the highway (unavoidable) was loud but kind of steady and soothing and the fireworks from Disneyland are VERY loud but beautiful to watch from a great view on the balcony. I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to all types of travelers.

Room Tip: Don't get the rooms along the freeway in the back
3 Thank Megan H
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for posting your review.
I want to personally apologize for your having to re-make your bed so late at night. We do have a process for recycling linens, and we are so sorry for the inconvenience caused by our oversight.
Your candid comments and kind compliments are very much appreciated, and we are ready to welcome you and your family back any time!