“Great for a Disney Visit”

Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn
Ranked #26 of 118 Hotels in Anaheim
Perth
“Great for a Disney Visit”
Reviewed 21 February 2012

With a 24hr layover in Los Angeles I decided to take my friend to Disneyland for the day and stay out at Anaheim for the night. The ride out from LAX took half an hour at the most and this was on a Monday morning.

We arrived at 9am and our room was all ready to check in to, which was fantastic after a long trip from Australia. They also provided a complimentry breakfast each morning which had pastries, cereal, fruit and I think a few hot options.

Our room was nicely decorated and the beds were super comfy. If I had to pick something negative about the place it would be that it's a little noisy when your rolling your luggage along the cement walkways right outside people's rooms.

The location was great. Walking distance to Dsineyland. We walked through the Disney Californian Grand hotel, then through to downtown Disney and onto the main gate. Might be a bit long if you have children but there is a Anaheim shuttle you can take.

To save money we didn't have dinner in the park as there was a Denny's which was a 2 minute walk down the road and for breakfast the next day we headed to Coco's Bakery which was right next door. There was another diner across the street.

I would stay here again and recommend it to my family and friends. The rooms, service and location were fantastic for the price and exceeded my expectations.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank skyske
mrkukusa, Public Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Stovall's Inn, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you very much for your review. We value your opinion and business. I’m very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us. That’s great that you we able to walk over to Disney and enjoy the scenery. We hope to see you guys soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Vancouver, BC
Reviewed 19 February 2012

My husband and I stayed here on our trip to Disneyland. We chose it because we were able to book it on points.
I would recommend it because it's exactly what you expect. It's clean, has a bed, a tv and an updated washroom. We didn't spend much time in the hotel, and we didn't use any of the amenities. We did view the pool and it looked clean.
The only real downside was the worst breakfast I've ever seen try to pass for breakfast. Even the coffee was horrible. Our room had a fridge so we were able to purchase food and keep it in our room. If you're thinking of booking this place because it comes with breakfast, I would suggest reconsidering.
Choose this hotel because it's clean and a short walk to Disneyland (don't get tricked into taking the shuttle unless you're with really young kids - it's actually a great walk if you cut through the Grand Californian Hotel).

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Kris032
Thank you for your review. We appreciate your business. We have added more items to our breakfast which includes scrambled eggs and sausage. We hope you get to come and stay with us again.
Orange, California
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Its very nice, priced a little higher than places directly across from Disneyland, but still not far at all. In fact you can expect locals to place coupons on your door, this is nice for ordering pizza or Chinese, if you dont have transportation.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Thank you for your review. We value your business and we hope you stay with us again. Hope to see you soon!!
Sacramento, California
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We just returned from our vacation and are sad that it's over. We had fun staying at this hotel and I think the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in. I love that there are two pools and spas. The spas were large enough to fit many people, though my wife and I often had them to ourselves. The topiary garden is a nice touch and fun! The hotel is about a 10 minute walk to Downtown Disney by walking through the Grand Californian Hotel. The breakfast is very basic, but enough. There was cereal, french toast, fruit, and pastries. In general it was quiet, but I could tell the walls were very thin. We had one family check into the room next to us for one night and I could hear every word they said. Fortunately, they did not stay up late or get up too early, but during the busy summer months it could be more bothersome. The room was big and very clean. Definitely one of the nicest Best Westerns we have stayed at.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JHunter26
Thank you for taking your time on your review. A lot of our guest’s compliment our beds. They say that it’s the best sleep that they have ever had. I glad that you were able to enjoy our spas. We hope to see you soon!
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Just returned from a 4 night stay here to run the Disney Tinkerbell Half marathon. This hotel was perfectly located to walk to Downtown Disney (short cut through Grand California Hotel to get there) and the parks. As well, it was amazingly close to the start and finish lines for the race. The rooms looked upgraded, very nicely appointed. My only complaint would be that the room smelled a bit stuffy when you first enter it - so we had to sleep with the window open to air it out. But the beds/bedding/pillows were super comfy! One night was very windy, so there was rattling going one. But we opened the bathroom windown and the front window to help with that. Housekeeping was great - we requested more conditioner and we got it every day we were there. The breakfast was decent - pancakes, bagels, donuts and fresh fruit. For the price - this was a great value. The staff was really very polite and helpful.

Also within walking distance was even more restaurants and shops - down to Gardenwalk. We did not have to rent a car - just took a $9 shuttle (Super shuttle) from John Wayne airport which is very close.

The pools/hot tubs were amazing!! The area is well manicured with tons of cute topiaries. It was a great place to lay out in the sun after a very fun race. So for location/price/ammenities, would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank wheresheroams
Thank you for your review we appreciate your business. Congratulations on running the marathon. I do apologize for the smell in the room. I will make sure that housekeeping double checks the rooms before we give them out. I hope to see you soon!