“Another Ho Jo's Convert”

Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground
Ranked #19 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 18 April 2008

My family of 4 just returned from a 3 night stay at Ho Jo's Anaheim and I've nothing but good things to report. We had a premium, double queen, Disney view room on the 4th floor and found the rooms, quite adequate - and we were even able to fit in a (free) roll-away bed in the alcove beside the balcony door so the kids could have their own beds. Beds were incredibly comfy and it was wonderful to sink into them at the end of a 14 hour day at Disney! Loved having the additional sink - made evening and morning prep a bit easier. We didn't use the pools or store as we opened and closed the park each day and really only used the hotel to sleep. Grabbed bfast at the McD's along the way and off we went! Truly a great find and we will return and hopefully score one of the coveted 7th floor rooms next time. BTW - the Entertainment rate rocks! Be sure to check out the Ho Jo's boards at http://www.hojoanaheim.com/phpbb/ I got a lot of good hints and tips here.

7  Thank lkrause
Write a ReviewReviews (7,757)

Reviewed 18 April 2008

We were very pleased with all aspects of the hotel. No problems with checking in, very helpful and polite. Given room in Building 1, 7th floor. Got into the room and were very pleased. Full sized fridge and plenty of drawer and wardrobe space. Large, bright and airy room. The view from the balcony was wonderful. We looked straight out over the two Disney resorts and had a wonderful view of the fireworks. Short walk to the parks. Large pool and kids pool. Plenty of comfortable padded loungers and pool towels. Would definitely recommend this hotel to families and couples alike. We suggest you ask for Building 1, 7th floor, Disney side.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Starsky1964Hutch
Reviewed 16 April 2008

Stayed April 5th thru 8th 2008

I booked this hotel based on the reviews on the trip advisor and the mousesavers.com website. I was thrilled with this hotel.

First we booked the only queen, queen suite. It had two bathrooms, refrigerator, microwave and a long bar area to unload all our Disney purchases. The beds were very soft and comfortable, the only disappointment was that the towels were thin and not very soft. But the extra room and bathrooms were worth the higher price then booking a double/double room. I did not hear any freeway noise that others have complained of. But going to Disneyland for 10 hours, using the pool, put us right to sleep.

Next the location is great! We timed from our hotel room to the Disney gates. With the only light we had to cross, the trip only took nine minutes. This is with two kids ages 5 and 7. I do recommend taking a stroller for the kids late at night.

In the morning we walked the opposite direction from Disneyland and went to Starbucks coffee. The hotel even suggested going to Vons to get snacks as they were cheaper than the hotel. Nice suggestion!!! and only a 5 minute drive from the hotel.

The pool and spa were packed because of Spring Break, but we met a lot of nice people and had no problem getting in the spa or some lawn chairs to sit in. The garden pool was closed for repair, but since we had kids even if it was opened, we still would of use the pool up front.

All in all, I would book this hotel again! Nice staff, easy walk to Disneyland, and a great location.

3  Thank Sprocker
Reviewed 11 April 2008

The hotel is across the street from disney, it is a 10min walk to the park so not that bad, we found the walk there in the morning was easy, but after a long day in the park it is a little harder, just too tired.. Our room was a little out dated alot of orange and brown looked 70's, and the bathroom was real small. But the beds were fantastic sooooo comfortable, and we had a great view of disney land, best view for the fireworks. . We were in tower 1 on the 6thfloor, we really did'nt have any problems with noise. Nice hotel , it could use a new look though.. Over all very happy good stay.. will come back..

6  Thank bigcro75
Reviewed 9 April 2008

I did a lot of research before booking my hotel for my yearly trip to Disneyland, I have always stayed at one of the Disney hotels but looked to save a little money this trip so I booked the Howard Johnson in a package through the Disney Travel Company. I chose this hotel based on multiple website reviews and I found all the good reviews to be true. We had an excellent stay at a great hotel. We arrived very late at night and were quickly checked in by a friendly staff member, the room was just what was pictured, it was very clean and a decent size. The beds were comfortable and although the hotel is located right off the freeway I had absolutely no problem with any noise. Our room was cleaned everyday and the towels were always restocked. The grounds are very nice with lovely landscaping all throughout the property. Theres a gift shop with a large variety of items at reasonable prices that we bought things at to stock our in -room fridge. We didn't use the pool but it looked very clean and its open late. All the staff members that I encountered were all very friendly and accomodating, they even let us leave our car parked there after we checked out while we went to Disneyland for our last day, saving me $10. Overall we had a great trip and whenever I am not going to stay at a Disney property I will choose the Howard Johnson. As a side note if you book through Disney you have the option of buying the meal plan, this was our third year doing so and its worked out great for us every time, we have eaten at all of the character breakfasts and probably wouldn't have done so had we not bought this plan, they give you plenty of vouchers and I feel like I have always saved money whenever weve been on the dining plan.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled with family