Stayed at the Hojo Anaheim on a Friday night during the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween party time at the Disneyland resort. There was myself and 4 teenagers (16-17 yo) during the stay. We were in building 6, one of the 2 story buildings on property. Although this room was not considered as having a view of the fireworks, we saw them with no problem from the parking lot just outside the main door to the hotel rooms. (Be warned, the fireworks going off are extremely loud! How the folks who live in the area stand it, is beyond me). There was also a small patio or balcony off of the rooms. The rooms were spacious and the beds were very comfortable. There was also a rollaway bed already made up and in the closet, which was great for our goup of 5 folks. The bathroom has a tub/shower combo with toilet and sink. The bathroom is very quiet. In some hotels the bathroom sounds just carry, whether it is your room or someone elses. With the bathroom door closed, I couldn't even hear the water in the shower, and I was on the bed next to the shower wall. Never heard the bathroom upstairs either. Excellent sound proofing all around. Just outside of the bathroom there is another single sink. Loads of storage space and hanging space. There was also a small fridge which we didn't use. All of the teen girls went at played at the waterpark Friday night. They had a blast with the different items and the water slide. They thought it was much more fun than the regular pool on the property. Again, ymmv depending on your kids. We walked to Disneyland from the hotel and did not think it was far. However, if you have small children and no stroller, you may think it was much farther, especially at the end of a long day in the parks. I would definately recommend this hotel for any length of stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just an 8-minute walk from Disneyland Park, this non-smoking family resort hotel features Castaway Cove - A Watery Pirate Playground! With slides, drench bucket, water canons, jacuzzi, toddler's wading pool and more, Castaway Cove is a great place for your whole family to play together! Also nestled within the lush, park-like grounds is the family friendly Garden Pool! With free parking, fridges and internet- HoJo Anaheim is the perfect choice for your family adventure! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Howard Johnson Plaza Hotel And Water Playground - Anaheim / Disneyland Park
- Howard Johnson Anaheim
- Howard Johnson Hotel Anaheim California
- Anaheim Howard Johnson