“Quick Walk for little ones to Disneyland”

Howard Johnson Anaheim Hotel and Water Playground
Ranked #19 of 119 Hotels in Anaheim
Reviewed 15 March 2009

Great price very close to Disneyland. Very nice water play park with a pirate theme. If you don't want to give in to "Let's go to the Park NOW!" as soon as you arrive, the pool and water play park are very acceptable alternatives for little ones while moms and dads sit and relax. Very friendly staff and excellent housekeeping standards. We'll be back.

1  Thank OndineSantaBarbara

Reviewed 15 March 2009

This is a great motel. My husband and I meet our daughter and grandkids there. They have 2 pools, one for the kids which is a pirate ship, and a larger adult pool. The kids had a great time. it was very quiet, clean. Close to the park, you could walk to the park in about 10 minutes or less. Resturants close by. We could watch the fireworks from the park at the hotel. The rooms were clean. We would stay there again.

1  Thank grannysfullcloset
Reviewed 13 March 2009

We heard alot about the Howard Johnson and thought we'd give it a try. We have previously stayed at the Sheraton but found the shuttle not for us. We would rather walk and leave the park at our leisure. The front desk was very professional and overall are 7 night stay was enjoyable except for the noise from the freeway. We were in Tower 1 and I do not recommend any rooms on the freeway side. We are from a small town and the noise was incredibly loud. We would stay here again but would stay in a different area. Millie's restaurant was a big plus and the walk was just perfect.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 March 2009

This was my first stay at HOJO Anaheim, and I was not disappointed! I usually stay at the Anaheim Plaza Hotel when I visit Disneyland, but I got an unbeatable rate with the Entertainment Book. This will be my new "home base" for trips to the Park!

I arrived a few hours before the 3pm check in time, but there was a room ready for me to check in. The staff are super-helpful, and gave me a top-floor room (as I had requested in my reservation) with a view of the pool (which was an added bonus!).

I had the Standard Double (2 almost-queen-sized beds) room. It was clean and well-maintained. The bed and pillows were SOOOOO comfortable! I wanted to take the pillows home with me! Being a top-floor room, it had 2 arched skylights and a high, arched ceiling, which I just loved; they made the room feel much bigger than it was!

The hotel is right across the street from Disneyland...it took me 12 minutes to walk from my room to the security check at the gates of the Park.

Both pool areas were very nice; the hot tub was a great way to wind down after walking around the Park all day!

Overall, my stay at the HOJO Anaheim was great! I plan on booking my family holiday vacation here this year!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank thetravelingsquid
Reviewed 11 March 2009

We were very pleased with this hotel, the staff was very helpful and the beds were soooo comfortable. I would request Building #1 facing the park. Pirates Cove was so fun for the kids (8 & 10) . Its a very quick walk to Disneyland Park, McDonalds close by as well. Mimi's restaurant very reasonable for breakfast, lots of food. We didn't have a microwave in our room, which I thought we would get, but wasn't that big a deal. We did use the fridge which was helpful for sure. The gift shop has everything you can think of. We would definately stay here again on our next trip to Anaheim.