Travelodge by Wyndham Angels Camp CA(Angels Camp)(Great Value!)
US$179
Best Western Plus Cedar Inn & Suites(Angels Camp)(Great Value!)
US$215
US$199
Hotels.com
Jumping Frog Motel(Angels Camp)
US$191
US$97
US$93
US$105
TripAdvisor
All reviewsgolf coursewine tastingbedroom unitworld markgas grillfull kitchenbasketball courtmurphy bedgold countryping pongtime sharebig treestimeshare presentationwasher and dryercolumbia state parksales pitchparking pass
Reviewed 29 July 2017

Only stayed a short visit but planning on a much longer one in the future. I did not want to leave.It was so peaceful on our patio bottom floor near the side of a grassy hill that lead up to the street. Previously we had a room with the view of the golf course which is lovely in the morning but here it seemed so wild. WE saw various animals pass by our patio. First a cat, then a deer showed up and soon after another one trotted down from the road and passed very close to our patio. Later we saw 2 quails skitter by and in the wee morning hours I saw/heard a jack rabbit hopping through the brush. The unit is overly spacious in the living room. You could have a party there it's so big. Some of the negatives were no soap for the shower, no laundry soap, one roll of toilet paper and spa towels (watch for these things and call the office if maintenance is not providing the basics. The worse 3 things was having to drag all our luggage down and up the narrow metal stairs, no elevator or ramps (hope your back is strong, I had to depend on my poor husband as I have a back injury), lack of any water pressure so a 5 minute shower takes 20 minutes (so much for water conservation) and the king bed is like sleeping on a BRICK. Be prepared. Stores are conveniently located. Mike's Pizza best around, Taco Bell and the Save Mart Market is the best! Go to the deli on the left side of the store and grab a little of everything offered chicken, wings and salads. Oh YUM!!! The staff here is very friendly and helpful! Be smart, do not leave your doors open at all. The flies are relentless. Once inside, very difficult to catch and smash. Seriously, I could have stayed a month regardless of the shortcomings, but I would choose a time when the kids are back in school. There was a bit of happy screeching from the pool area not far from our room but it was short-lived so not too bad. Please note: the drive there is so beautiful and scenic. Wine vineyards everywhere, various crops, ranches, bald eagles in their nest, wild turkeys....rolling hills and curving roads....enjoy!

Room Tip: Depends on the view (the golf course) or lack of broad view (trees, brush and wildlife strolling by)
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 July 2017

We shared a condo with members of the WorldMark Time Share. We had a delightful weekend in February 2017. It was cold and drizzly so we did not venture over to the jacuzzi; also because it was packed with what sounded like teenager partners! Glad to hear it was used! The condo was well appointed and furnished and had a cute little kitchen. The fireplace was welcomed in February; also the Murphy bed in the living room right next to it. The outdoor deck backed up to a green belt which would have made it delightful in the spring or fall weather permitting its use. This is the perfect way to spend a weekend away from home and there are so many cute little towns to explore in Calif. gold country.

Stayed: February 2017
Reviewed 19 July 2017 via mobile

Lots of kids in the pool. But clears out during certain hours. Great tennis and basketball courts. Wildlife off the balcony! Deer and baby deer!

Grill on balcony. Regular coffee maker. Kitchen well stocked with blender and skillet. Rooms had one king bed and two twin. Pullout bed is a Queen.

Washer and dryer in room was excellent! Wifi was $20 for ten days and spotty at times.

Great little local town near some great spots!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 June 2017

Stayed one night in a 1 bedroom unit while in town for a concert at Ironstone Vineyards. Unit was clean, had the expected cooking utensils and was quiet. Staff we're very friendly and hospitable - even brought ice while our freezer was making more. Parking is ample.
Facility is a five minute drive to town center and about 10 miles from Murphys. Unit 135 had really good and quiet AC.

Room Tip: ask for a golf course view
  • Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Roadking51
Reviewed 31 May 2017 via mobile

Wyndham is normally faultless, my wife couldn't make it with me to our first visit to Angels Camp, because of family matters.
I arrived on my own to check in, and was immediately informed by a staff member; who really wasn't very knowledgeable, that my name was not on the confirmation e-mail, and that she was not able to check me in !
I might ad at this moment, that my wife and I are both joint owners of this TimeShare, and; as I mentioned to the staff member, I had signed a number of documents along with my Wife at the time of purchase in Las Vegas ! She was very vague, and said that she could not look up the ownership details, and also said that it was a Very Big ongoing Problem with their Computer system, she then talked to her manager, who was also on the desk, who didn't have any solution. After a long awkward (in front of many customers) moment, and after many calls to upper management, who didn't answer their phones, she eventually admitted that, because my identity OBVIOUSLY said that I was my Wife's Husband, let me check in; EVENTUALLY !!
We had only arranged for a two day visit. And I was tired from my journey, so went into town and shopped, then settled down for the evening.
The next day, I slept in late; midday, and decided to make a quick visit to New Melones Lake and Dam, which is amongst fabulous scenery. You must visit. So I returned mid afternoon, for a QUIET time/sleep. On my return I noticed a Builders Truck; placed next to my apartment, with workmen hauling plasterboard and building materials into the upper and adjacent apartments. I might ad at this moment, that I was the only occupant in this block of apartments, which I thought was peculiar at that time. SO, I get into the apartment; and am immediately hit with, what sounds like a Building Site/Demolition, in mid swing. I am not normally an impatient, or trouble making person, and so I put up with this interruption in my intended tranquil break for a couple of hours, but eventually decided to pop up to reception, and find out why this had happened !
I was immediately told that, there was maintenance going on in the TimeShare, and that we should have been sent notice that this would be happening in our area ! I informed her that we did not receive any notice to that effect, and that we had paid a LOT of our points for this short stay. She then handed me a copy of the warning notice of INTENDED maintenance !
I was taken aback ! And explained that this obtrusive mountain of noise had destroyed my intended quiet break, and could they KINDLY offer me any compensation for the extreme inconvenience, to which she said she could only offer me FREE WIFI, which came with the holiday break anyway !!!!
There was an easy way to avoid this BUILDING SITE interruption in my break, as I was the only occupant in the block concerned, and there were obviously empty apartments in blocks that were not concerned.
As a close, this is not my normal experience with Wyndham, and so I must assume that MANAGEMENT is the problem with this destination. As the Buck stops at the top, although the very top eventually takes the blame.
I also run a small high class, 6 apartment Inn, in Georgetown California, where we inevitably have our own potential disasters, BUT WE DO NOT CHARGE FOR THOSE IMPLICATED, and always offer another free stay. TO KEEP OUR REPUTATION !!!!
THE ROCK CREEK INN, Georgetown CA 95634.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 1 June 2017

We apologize for your delay at check-in. We know after a long day of traveling the last thing you want to do is wait to get into your room. We also apologize you were unaware of the construction; we understand the importance to feel completely relaxed when on vacation. Please give our Customer Care team a call at 800-457-0103 option 1, so we may have the opportunity to further discuss your experience. We look forward to speaking with you.