“Room nice but other things detract”

Motel 6 Los Angeles - Arcadia / Pasadena
Ranked #8 of 8 Hotels in Arcadia
Reviewed 26 October 2016

I had stayed here once about 10 years ago (Arcadia is my home town but I haven't lived there in many, many years). The room itself was quite nice. However, I found myself in a smoking room which is not what I wished for. I don't know if I missed this on the Motel 6 website. The wash cloth had holes in it. I would have liked some shampoo and an alarm clock. The landscaping could use more attention. $90+ seems high but the fancier chains were much more.

Room Tip: Check the smoking option.
  • Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank garyvc

Reviewed 25 August 2016

Helpful and attentive staff, clean room with all the essentials, nice view of the mountains, cable TV, free local & 800 calls. Across the street from the Santa Anita Racetrack. Close by to golf course, restaurants, Rod's Diner, LA County Arboretum, Highways, Metro Gold Line, bus lines.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the mountains, otherwise rooms face the racetrack parking lot.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2016 via mobile

A very pleasant stay more than I expected for. After years never stay at motel chain, came my last stay at Motel6 Arcadia/Pasadena would become a fantastic with decent rate & good location. Room is decent & clean. Quite Santa Anita just across the Santa Anita horse racing. 2 mins walk to Westfield Santa Anita Mall. Worth the money & will definitely recommend for.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 May 2016

I have been staying at Motel 6s since the 1960s (when it was $6 night) and rate the newest round of renovatioms as very well done. However, my last stay at the Arcadia facility was so miserable I canceelled my second night.

First of all, I was put in a room apparently designed for disabled people. There was only a bare sink, no counter, in the bathroom so I had my toiletries on the tub rim, the shower seat, the toilet top, etc. Moreover, the only place to hang clothes was an open structure under the TV that was too short to hold anything but shirts and jakets. I ended up hanging my long pants and dress from the shower curtain rings! You can see a photo of the sink and clothes hanging thing in the photo section.

Then I realized The new TVs are back to back on the wall and my next door "neighbor" had theirs at full volume with some sort of blasting bombing movie. It sounded like it was in the same room. I finally fell aslep after midnight but was awaken at 3 by more loud TV. At 3:30 I pounded on the wall and the volumn was lowered a barely discernible amount. At 5, I called the desk and again, it was lowered a tiny bit. I gave up at 6 and got up with only three hours sleep. I cancelled my reservation for the next night and left for a memorial service for a close family member, exhausted and disgusted.

What should be done:
No. 1. If the only room left when I made the reservation a week before was a disabled room, I should have been advised about it's limitations.
No. 2. There needs to be some really heavy sound insulation between the TV walls or else bluetooth headsets available for rent by people intending to have an all-nighter, and enforce their use after 10:00 p.m.

Room Tip: Get discription by phone.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank sapo2016
6Team, Brand Experience Team Member at Motel 6 Los Angeles - Arcadia / Pasadena, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We sincerely apologize for your unpleasant stay due to the inconveniences you experienced. We strive to provide a comfortable night's rest, and are disappointed your stay was unsatisfactory due to the noise concerns you describe. We encourage you to contact our Guest Relations at 1-855-787-9864 to record the details of your stay to help us provide a better guest experience in the future.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

Renovated rooms, very convenient to race track and Methodist Hospital. Basic room, no refrig or microwave, but good Wi-Fi (pay by the day) and friendly staff. sometimes noisy but not bad. inner court yard might be less noise.

Stayed: April 2016