“Best place for a variety of soups”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Enjoy Euro Deli Market
Ranked #39 of 81 Restaurants in Arroyo Grande
Reviewed 13 June 2017

It's a small place in a busy shopping plaza. They recently set out more sitting tables outside under umbrellas. It features quick plates with a varied european influence, everythng from Portugal to Turkey. I prefer a quick lunch of soup with a piece of bread but there is plenty of other choices available, you can have grape leaves and sandwiches. On a recent visit the soup selections were: clam chowder, Caleverde (a Portuguese kale soup) and golden lentil. Other times I have seen borscht, pozole, chicken noodle and split pea. How's that for choices!

Reviewed 13 April 2017

When we read about this place we expected a cute cottage decorated in Eastern European style. However, it is located in a outdoor shopping area. There are three or four tables. The hosts are nice until the time they bring out the food, then they disappear. They do have interesting items on the menu which is on a chalkboard. They bring the food out to you and it is good. Their selection of Eastern European items for sale is really nice. I bought some Latvian sardines packed in oil and am still enjoying them. Probably will not be back.

Reviewed 13 February 2017

This is a secret little spot in a strip mall that my Aunt & Uncle (locals) shared with me. It is easy to miss because the signage is small - it is next to a spa/salon.
We enjoyed a lovely lunch of homemade Chicken & Dumpling soup, Greek salad and 2 types of baklava for desert. Everything was absolutely delicious and so fresh!!
The owner -host, Lana was engaging and attentive. There are inside and outside tables and an attached room with a grocery aisle of hard to find European food items. Cost is very reasonable - under $25.00 for 3 people.

Reviewed 11 January 2017

Had lunch here on a Sunday, and was pleasantly surprised to find good stuff like borscht and Russian chicken/dumplings on the menu. Started with the borscht, and it was a meal in itself - a nice bowl of that would be a great lunch. Also ordered the sausage and sauerkraut and it was fine - sausage was that bland bratwurst type, but fine, and the sauerkraut was Polish-style - with grated carrot in it. The side of Greek Salad was good - but see note below. The borscht was homestyle, thick and meaty, reminded me of my Aunt Rose's cooking - a high compliment! My wife had the cabbage rooms, and they were very good. The selection of euro-style shelf-groceries is an nice addition to our shopping. I bought the pickled turnips (middle-east style) that I have been looking for quite a while.
Only "negative" is that they seem to be trying too hard to do too much. Don't need to have falafel on a Middle European menu. Leave the Greek Salad and kalamata olives to the many Mediterreand and mid-east eateries around. I'd advise to keep the focus on Central Europe (I think the owners/chefs are Ukranian), and just do it well. Also, might move the cold cases up front and make room for a few more tables towards the back, close to the restrooms. I am sure they will fill up their tables once word spreads about tasty, home-style Middle-European cooking at good prices and good portions. So give it a try, and we recommend it and will be back for a nice lunch.

Reviewed 11 August 2016

Foods good, prices competitive. Waitress service is attentive. Good place to go for healthy offerings.