Lowest prices for your stay
US$90
Free cancellation until 11/12/21
Expedia.comUS$90
Official SiteUS$90
PricelineUS$90
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

Wow talk about trashy motels worst motel ever they gave us the down floor and all u hear is people running and walking around also the door don’t close all the way. Also on our night stay the tv stop working along with the internet and I called front desk and she blames it on the power being out but yet we have power for the lights. Not gonna stay here again and I wouldn’t recommend it all ...

Date of stay: October 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2019

Dear Guest, We are sorry to read your review of our hotel. While it is somewhat discouraging, feedback such as yours helps us to improve upon our service. We will take all of your observations in relation to our property and attempt to make several improvements for the enjoyment of our future guests. Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it and hope we will have the opportunity to host you more successfully in the future.

Reviewed 16 April 2019

I was booked at the Motel 6 for 2 nights. The first night I checked in and found the room to be well-maintained, but solidly in the 'budget' category. I woke up the next morning to find the desk/table area (and the snacks that I'd brought with me) crawling with ants. The staff was friendly when moving me to a different room. When I checked out, I mentioned that my room was fine except for the ants. The man at the counter said, 'yeah, we've been having a problem that in a few places.' I'm not the hotel biz, but here's an idea - don't put people in rooms that are having on-going bug issues. Its gross, creepy, and made me toss out a bunch of otherwise fine food.

Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2019

Hi Otterrun,

We are disappointed to learn that we fell short of your expectations. We take reports of pest control very seriously. On behalf of Motel 6, we would like to apologize that your stay was less than satisfactory. We are committed to guest satisfaction and appreciate you taking time to review your experience

Reviewed 1 April 2019 via mobile

Motel 6 has certain standards they advertise. One of the most important to me is: they will hold your reservation until 6:00 pm without charge. This hotel is not ouned by motel 6, it is a franchize and they don't do that. Reservations are non cancelable

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled solo
6Team, Brand Experience Team at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2019

Hi Ben,

We would like to discuss your experience with you further, and ask that you reach out to our Guest Relations Team by using the Contact Us feature at www.motel6.com.

Reviewed 10 June 2018

Stayed at Motel 6 in Auburn Ca, has been the WORST experience I have ever had at a motel 6. Unfortunately this is a franchised Motel 6 and not part of the chain (which is very misleading to customers to begin with) and also extremely bad for branding of Motel 6. When we arrived to our motel at 2 am the attendant was asleep, my sister had to wake him up to get us checked in. Then he sat back, watched us struggle to get a luggage cart out two doors, loaded up, and back in two doors - and neglected to tell us there was no elevator until we started looking for it. The next morning we were leaving to be somewhere and our door wouldn't lock. We asked someone to fix it. After he told us yes and sat down in his chair leisurely (we still haven't received an apology at this point) he goes back to whatever he was doing. After waiting for a few min and no one was showing up to fix our door I went down and complained again asking if someone could please take care of it for us, at this point I am already angry with the absolute lack of customer service. Then we find out they don't even have the batteries they need to fix our door (just four AA batteries). I asked for some compensation at this point. I was denied - rudely and told "theres nothing I can do". I also asked to speak with the manager. I was upstairs when he arrived, the desk attendant said he told the manager but the manager didn't come by to apologize, or acknowledge us - simply dropped off batteries and left. Extremely disrespectful and horrible customer service and management skills. I ended up calling Motel 6 customer service who directed me to Expedia where we booked our room (the motel 6 apparently knew this was the course of action needed to be taken they just neglected to give us any information in regards to our complaints and how to resolve them). Our friends who were also staying at this motel 6 had a do not disturb sign on their door and the maid actually removed the sign, took it, and entered the room regardless. IS THAT EVEN ALLOWED?? Not to mention the linen closet FULL of both empty and full alcohol bottles that was left open in front of our room. What is goin on in there? The last straw was when we came home the last day and found a shattered glass jar in on of our bags with no note, no apology, no please see front desk. There NO WAY that the maid didn't know they broke something, glass breaking is LOUD. My sister is prettty upset now and calmly speaks with the manager on site (who said he was a manager) he informs her they can't issue her a refund but that he would "approve it" through Expedia. She contacts Expedia, tells them the story, they contact motel 6 and he DENIES the refund!! At this point my sister is absolutely LIVID. He has flat out LIED to her face. And when she came down to confront him he acted dumb. At this point I am also LIVID. He is speaking to her in a condescending tone, repeating (invalid) arguments -accusing us of lying about irrelevent things: he was "upset" my sister said to Expedia that he and her had an argument, which she did not (theres literally written records with them she was using an online chat). He also kept complaining that she registered the room for 1 person (accidental her search didn't apply the 3 guests to the room, and we would have gladly paid whatever additional fee they are asking - although I have never had to pay for additional people in any hotel). He is telling me that because I am not a registered person to be in the room he basically wont speak or listen to me. I asked him probably 30 times to stop speaking and LISTEN to our complaints at one point I lost it and yelled at him to shut up and let me speak (to which his response was to try to kick us out), because all he was doing was saying things in response to me that again were just the same two arguments over and over and interrupting me and not letting me or my sister speak. The entire staff here was rude, disrespectful, and downright needs customer service training. We asked to speak with the manager/owner or for him to CALL them because this is a pressing issue and we wanted it resolved for fear we would check out and drive 7 hours home and they just ignore the issue at hand. He REFUSED to contact the manager at all - wouldn't pick up the phone and said "I can't" and saying no. Honestly had the customer service been better - had we received some concern, an apology, or even a sense of urgency so we felt important as a guest and not someone they were just grabbing cash from then we would have never wanted the refund in the first place. After the first incident the staff should have been WAY more understanding and concerned instead they were disrespectful and acted as if we were doing them wrong. I spoke with Motel 6 customer service hotline and I was basically told if the property refuses the refund we won't get one back - this is EXTREMELY poor. I am appalled at this that the corporation has ZERO influence over the franchises?

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Jessica T
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

We appreciate your candid and detailed feedback, many thanks. We are very disappointed to know that you tried to engage with members of our team, and indeed the manager on duty on a number of occasions, and that you were unsuccessful. We will review in detail all of your comments with our management team, and we will investigate what actions we can take to improve our future guests' experiences with us. Again, we really appreciate your constructive review, and we hope that you might enjoy a better stay with us in the future.

Reviewed 13 April 2018

We stayed here 3 years ago and just visited again April 2018. We chose this hotel for price, only $60 for the night, convenience, and the fact that they take dogs. Friendly service, good sized comfortable, updated rooms with laminate flooring, wifi, and close to everything. I have one complaint, the room needed some cleaning detail. All the light switches were dirty, there was mold in the shower where the stability bar is, and the inside of the pocket door in the bathroom was splashed with who knows what. It was a good visit, and I hate to knock how hard the cleaning people must work. I would still stay here again and I would recommend this motel to anyone looking for a budget stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank jackieca
GuestXperienceTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Motel 6 Auburn, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2018

Thank you for your detailed feedback; we are pleased that your recent stay with us was so successful. We apologize profusely for the housekeeping issues that you encountered, and we will ensure that our housekeeping team are more vigilant in cleaning our rooms in between guests in future. We are pleased that you had a comfortable stay apart from this, and we hope that you will have an even better experience when you next stay with us. Thank you again for your constructive comments.