“Great birthday dinner!”

Ranked #16 of 170 Restaurants in Auburn
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 14 June 2016

Took my mom here for dinner on her birthday. I had the prime rib which was cooked perfectly as I asked - medium rare - and it was wonderful. Mom had the filet mignon, ordered the same way and unfortunately was over done, enough that we sent it back, but the new one was underdone. I know steak can be tricky and varies per person, and never the less my mom really enjoyed it and said the flavor and sauce was wonderful. My fiance had the special which was skirt steak, pork medallion and chicken - enjoyed all but the pork, which was tough. Cheesecake and ice cream brownie were amazing, staff was really great, and the atmosphere was nice. There's a small casual bar area that wasn't too loud, a dining area, and a few outdoor tables. Looking forward to dining here again!

Reviewed 18 May 2016

If your looking for a great dining experience and want to sit outside in a beautiful sitting, you can't beat Bootleggers during cool spring and summer evenings. The service is top notch and the food is the best in Auburn. I love the fact that each of the tables outside have white linen table clothes and napkins and fresh flowers on each table not to mention all the lovely flower boxes that someone keeps up very nicely.

Reviewed 30 April 2016 via mobile

We had a lovely late lunch here in our way from San Francisco to Lake Tahoe. The little town of Auburn is very charming, and this saloon is a perfect stop! The food was very nice for both adults and children! Service was kind and efficient, and the kids got crayons and coloring. Perfect!

Reviewed 28 April 2016

We have been here twice recently for an early lunch with friends. To be frank, on the first occasion I was persuaded to go although it was not my first choice. I was pleasantly surprised. The menu is imaginative and the dishes are good, the beer is good and the service is good. The second time I needed no persuasion. I had not realized that this establishment has been in business at the same location for a long time - a good sign.

Reviewed 21 April 2016

We had a lovely evening with excellent food and service. The prime rib was perfect.
We would recommend this restaurant to others, without hesitation.
A great date night experience.
Thanks.