FindHotel
Trip.com
Traveluro
StayForLong
1,328 results
All reviews fire pit wine and cheese catalina island catalina express private patio zip lining love this hotel sitting area long beach descanso beach coffee maker courtyard brandon ferry steps luggage pier
Selected filters
Reviewed 29 September 2021

Although I felt spending over $400 for one night on a Sunday in late September was a bit much, the hotel was very nice, extremely clean even in the courtyard. Friendly, smiley and helpful staff! The wine and cheese that was included in the courtyard was fabulous. I think the wine pour must have been almost half a bottle, probably 500-600ml. The wine was good too, and the gal that served us was so nice with huge smiles. It is right on the beach, so from the seats in the courtyard, the boats and water/pier are in sight. Excellent stay for 3 of us, 1 double room with patio. The beds were extremely comfortable!

Room tip: The deluxe double with patio was nice on the first floor.
Date of stay: September 2021
Catalina Island Company, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2021

Thanks for staying with us at the Pavilion. We're so glad you appreciated our staff and enjoyed the wine and cheese. We're also glad you had a very restful stay, and look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 17 August 2021 via mobile

This was my first time staying here and I’m so happy with my decision. There were so many choices but this hotel is definitely a favorite! The staff was so welcoming both Juans, Francisco, Brandon, Julio, & I know there are more staff members that were exceptional! The grounds are beautiful and the location to the beach is perfect! I will recommend this to my friends and stay here again. Also, the wine & cheese happy hour is a great benefit!

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Catalina Island Company, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2021

Hello, we're happy you found our staff to be so supportive during your experience here at Pavilion Hotel. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us, and look forward to your return to Catalina Island!

Reviewed 12 August 2021

Booked 1 Deluxe King and 2 Superior Double rooms for an office event with Catalina Island Company. The $800/night per room price that I ended up paying (which included Long Beach Ferry) was way too much for this very AVERAGE facility. The Pavillion Hotel is obviously an old hotel that has had a few spruce-ups over the years. It does have the convince of being right in town, but this hotel is definitely not what you would expect for an $800 per room experience. The Hyatt price tag is not worth it. No pool, no spa, fairly small rooms with little to no view. Even with A/C running (overhead somewhat annoying sound), the room felt damp and uncomfortable. They don't provide breakfast anymore, but give $20/room credit to Atwater Hotel or Descanso Gardens. I would not recommend this hotel. Some like the afternoon wine and cheese outdoor reception that hotel provides.

Room tip: I don't recommend this hotel.
Date of stay: August 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Catalina Island Company, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2021

Michael F, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We would like to work towards a resolution. If you are willing, please reach out to us at social@scico.com to discuss this further. Thank you kindly.

Reviewed 29 July 2021

I love this Hotel. Location Location. Restful and beautiful summer breezes. We're returning guests and again had a wonderful experience. It was a pleasure meeting Timothy the Hotel manager, as he greeted many of the Happy Hours guests. This trip was a very special occasion our Wedding stay on my Birthday. Our room was greeted with Happy Birthday greeting card and yummy Chocolates. We were married up on the hill overlooking the cross and all of Avalon, upon our return to the room Chilled Champagne for our special night. Thank you Pavilion Hotel team! Awesome experience

Date of stay: July 2021
Catalina Island Company, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2021

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we did; we are pleased to hear Timothy and the rest of the team were able to make your birthday celebration so special. We hope to be of welcome you again in the future.

Reviewed 12 July 2021 via mobile

Have been thinking of returning to Catalina after two years away from the island and have been reading reviews.

I was somewhat shocked to read reviews on the pavilion. we had been going annually to Catalina for 25 years prior to Covids and the pavilion was by far our favorite hotel on the island as well as one of my all time favorites hotels anywhere.

The service was always fantastic the grounds beautiful and relaxing. And the complimentary morning breakfast and afternoon wine and cheese tasting were terrific. Location couldn’t be better. The court yard was like being in Hawaii.

So when I read some of the negative reviews it makes me sad how much Covids has impacted the pavilion and Catalina. I hope they get things back to normal like the good old day.

The pavilion has always been expensive but these post pandemic prices are out of sight. Not only at the pavilion but all the hotels and restaurants on Catalina. I think We will wait a while to see if things settle down after the pandemic before returning to Catalina. At least we have 25 years of great memories of Catalina pre-pandemic.

Date of stay: July 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank S215EKjamesc
Catalina Island Company, General Manager at Pavilion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2021

Hello, thank you for taking the time to share your concern with us. We have been working tirelessly to make improvements based on guest feedback to improve to provide the best possible experience. Rest assured that we provide the same hospitality that you know and appreciate, and we will continue to do so. If you have any questions, please reach out to us at social@scico.com.