Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official Hotel
US$135
View deal
TripadvisorUS$135
ZenHotels.com
StayForLong
eDreams
Priceline
All reviews sun deck ice cream ocean front pie cookies no elevator third floor boogie boards across the street coffee bar overlooking the beach board games lounge area get away jacuzzi tub central coast happy hour
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 December 2014

The Inn at Avila Beach is our second home. We have stayed there approximately 10 times in the last 7 years, and we have nothing but amazing things to say about it. We are planning to stay there in August and can't wait for the opportunity!

I have hesitated to say anything about this hotel for many years, as I don't want people to know about it. But, I have to come clean and admit that it is a very special place. It is located right on the beach in a sleepy little town that allows a person to walk the beach and find there own special place in the world. The property has an amazing rooftop, equipped with day beds, tvs, refrigerators and the sound waves crashing. This is a perfect way to spend an evening. A bottle of wine, a movie and the ocean sounds to lull you into a coma of California bliss.

The rooms have personality. We have requested the same room for the past few years, as it has a hot tub and a cozy, but comfortable view. I won't tell you the room number, as I don't want it to be occupied when I rent it.

The staff is low key and accommodating, but not pushy. The Avila grocery store down the street has the best biscuits and gravy I've ever had and I'm from the midwest. I still order wine from Alapay Cellars, which is also a close walk from the Inn.

If you decide to go to the Inn, please don't tell your friends. It is really the best kept secret in Central Coast, California.

I'm happy to drone on about Avila, if you'd like to contact me.

Date of stay: March 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Inn_at_AvilaBeach, Director of Communications at Inn at Avila Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2014

You are our star guest! Thank you so much for leaving a review about your numerous stays with us. We agree that Avila is really the best kept secret around!

We hope to host you a few more times in the near future!

Reviewed 26 November 2014

Avila Beach is a small beach town that was very quiet when we arrived in November. The hotel is wonderful - close enough to the ocean that the crashing surf can keep you awake at night. Delicious fresh-made cookies available all day and fabulous pies at nigh with coffee and tea. We stayed three nights and I wish it had been longer. We will be back.

Room tip: Get a room facing the ocean. Well worth the extra cost.
1  Thank mkimble
Inn_at_AvilaBeach, Director of Communications at Inn at Avila Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay! So glad you enjoyed your visit on the Coast. The pie is to die for isn't it?

Hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 26 November 2014

Can't decide what I liked best. The staff treated us like friends. The room was comfortable and our no smoking room didn't smell like cigarettes. I didn't want to leave the sun deck overlooking the beach in the evening, but who can resist fresh pie and cookies! On-site parking a bonus.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review Julia! We're so glad you enjoyed your stay!

Hope to host you again soon!

Reviewed 19 November 2014 via mobile

If your looking for a room that sits on the ocean,this is the place. We booked the Malibu Pacifica Suite, it's well worth the price. We opened the door to a view of nothing but ocean, waves, and a ocean breeze. I have to mention the 80" TV screen, of course that's what my husband noticed. The room is heavenly with a wall of floor to ceiling window, the balcony is fantastic, and the shower is wonderful.
This hotel is under construction, but we only noticed the construction going on when we arrived,we never heard any noise coming from the work. I booked this hotel because it sits up away from the crowds. We're at the beach enjoying our balcony without the crowds.I would definitely spend the extra money and get a ocean facing suite,as all of the suites have been remodeled. A must do while staying there is to take a bottle of wine to the roof top oasis. The roof is a paradise all in itself, with couches, large cushioned chairs, barbecue pits, and of course nothing but Oceanview. I will definitely be staying at this hotel again in the near future. I must mention the staff is wonderful.

Date of stay: November 2014
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Inn_at_AvilaBeach, Director of Communications at Inn at Avila Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your experience with us! Our Malibu Pacifica Suite is one of a kind, isn't it? The private furnished balcony of that room is the largest we have! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 18 November 2014

We have stayed in Avila many times at some of the more "corporate"-type places, and decided this time to give something else a try. We are very glad that we did, as the Inn is a great place. Eclectic and a little Bohemian, which is by no means a drawback--indeed, it is a big plus. With the Inn we got a feel for a true seaside inn, not some modernized, over-marketed new building with fake ambiance. The Inn has and exudes a true coastal history, and our room was spotless and awesome. My wife and I seek out little hidden treasures like the Inn, and do not like the feel of the big chain-type hotels/motels. The building is not new, but then again, a new building cannot have the character of a great old classic like the Inn. Updating is in progress (and no, we didn't mind the noise--we realize it has to be done sometime), and once all the rooms are done it will be even better. The staff and service was above and beyond anything we've had anywhere else in town, and the fresh cookies, pie and ice cream they offer to guests are simply outstanding. We will be back--in fact, have already booked our next stay. As a side note, the restaurant next door (Ocean Grill), is likewise terrific.

Room tip: We asked for a tour and didn't see any "bad" rooms, but we stayed in the Island Retreat and found it awesome. If you want great ocean view and sound, try the Owner's Suite.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Inn_at_AvilaBeach, Director of Communications at Inn at Avila Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2014

Douglas, We nominate you for best view ever on Trip Advisor!

Thank you so very much for understanding our message, understanding why we are different on purpose, and you just being you! You get us, you really do! We are no cookie cutter hotel, and we are that way on purpose.

Thank you so very much for taking the time to review your experience with us. Can't wait until you're back again!