Book now! This hotel is likely to sell out soon.
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Official Hotel
US$135
View deal
TripadvisorUS$135
StayForLong
eDreams
Priceline
ZenHotels.com
All reviews sun deck ice cream ocean front pie cookies no elevator third floor boogie boards across the street coffee bar overlooking the beach board games lounge area get away jacuzzi tub central coast happy hour
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 September 2021 via mobile

I cannot say enough good things about our stay. My fiancé and I are in our late 20s/early 30s coming from northern CA for a last minute Labor Day weekend getaway. We travel a fair amount and although we had friends in the area, wanted to get a nice place to stay but figured it was unlikely we’d find something on a holiday weekend Sunday. Luck was on our side and super friendly/hilarious Evan took our phone call, reserved a room and checked us in when we arrived. Location and parking were very convenient. Lobby was really cool, with clean bathroom, TV, lounge area, records, board games, decor, and hosted water, coffee and tea. The inn itself had a very homey, fun tree house vibe while maintaining comfort. Evan offered towels, beer, wine, beach equipment, bikes, and places to eat or hang til our room was ready. We went with e-bike rentals around the corner. He shot us a call and a text when we were good to go. Martin was our guy when we got back, gave us a quick tour and was equally pleasant and hospitable. Sold us a bottle of bubbles and let us know about Joe Mommas cafe hosted coffee bar, smoothies and breakfast then next morning on their very rad sun deck. Then there was the room. I could rant on for as long as I did about everything else when it came to the room. I’ll leave it at “the most amazing room I’ve ever stayed in”. The young, sweet tattooed lady (who I’m sorry I didn’t catch her name) made our interactions with the front desk when we checked out a perfect 3 for 3. Our entire stay from beginning to end may have the best day and time my fiancé and I have had together in our 5 years as a couple. A big thank you to all who contributed. Everything about this place, especially the staff was nothing short of awesome. We’ll be back.

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Evan Kidd, General Manager at Inn at Avila Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2021

I appreciate you taking the time to write such an awesome review.

As I say to a few of our return guests below, YOU GET US!

Our staff is my favorite part of the hotel, however the view is pretty good too.
You were lucky enough to enjoy one of my favorite rooms in the hotel, and that makes me happy that you guys enjoyed it as well.

Overall, I'd give you and your Mrs. a 5/5 as guests.

Kind, warm, and funny. What more could we ask for out of a guest. Definitely hope you get a chance to stay with us again!

Evan and the Inn at Avila Beach Staff

Reviewed 26 August 2021

everything was great went there for our 40th anniversary and the people that work there, evan, mariam and martin were the best they made sure everything was great a big hug and thank you to you and all the others that work there we will be back

Date of stay: August 2021

We are glad he said, "Yes!" for the second time as well!

You two were a wonderful couple and we enjoyed getting the chance to meet you guys.

We hope to see you soon!

Evan and the Inn at Avila Beach staff

Reviewed 19 August 2021

The Inn at Avila is a place that used to be charming and quirky, but has definitely lost its lustre. The prices are in the 5-star luxury hotel range, but the amenities and the overall service feel more like a sad Motel 8 in Barstow. For the price-point, I expected things like functioning appliances, a working internet and a way to check out before 8AM. I also expected a building that felt like it was conforming to recent building codes. For what I paid, I feel ripped off. It really feels like a soulless private equity firm took over from the former owners and is squeezing every last cent they can from it before demolishing it and putting up luxury condos. I have so many fond memories of this hotel, it is a shame to leave with this awful experience. It truly breaks my heart.

Room tip: The best room is one in a different hotel. If you must spend your money here, book room 306 or 307.
Date of stay: August 2021
Evan Kidd, General Manager at Inn at Avila Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2021

David S.

Thank you for taking the time to write this review.

I am so sorry to hear how the experience were less than favorable.
I wish I was able to meet you in person to discuss your issues with your stay; I do know that one of our managers was on site and would at the minimum lend an open ear and potentially a solution.

The past is the past, we cannot change what has already been done. For some, this hotel is "soul cleansing" and for others it has "lost its soul".

I don't know. Perception is an interesting concept. The only thing to my knowledge that has changed, is there is no chips and salsa and beer.

Otherwise, relatively the same staff. Same stairs. Same building from the 1960's. A nice renovation in 2018, I guess that was a change.

Prices are known to fluctuate with seasons and inflation. I recommend coming in the Fall or Winter when the prices may meet your budget and the weather is honestly better. Less people too, that's kind of nice. On our end, we are just meeting the market average and staying below that, if you could believe it.

We pride ourselves in service so it is important to me at least, to know where or whom did not meet your standards.

Amenities we have at the hotel:

Complimentary Bottled Water
Popsicles and Ice Cream
Beach Towels for the day
Complimentary popcorn
Complimentary beach equipment (Boogie Boards, Beach Chairs, Umbrellas, and Beach Toys)
Beach Cruisers that are free for the day
Cafe Style Breakfast with Baristas with 12+ years of experience
and PIE, who doesn't lie pie?!

What random hotel in Barstow has Pie?

I have been to Barstow, it's tough. I think the whole review had some valid points and frustrations but the Barstow Super 8 line, I have drove across the country a few times and I can imagine the hotel you are talking about, those hotels are sad. I don't feel we've reached "drive through town" sad. But its all perspective and for that, I am sorry it was a miserable experience.

Well, long story short, I wish you the best of lives and enjoy your 2021 finale,

Please let me know if we can bring you and the family back to revitalize your perception on our family business,

Reviewed 16 August 2021

We paid $560 for a room, expecting high quality amenities, a beautiful view and welcoming service. In terms of amenities, a 70inch TV was touted, along with 2 others in the "suite." The 70 inch TV had such poor reception it was difficult to watch the Olympics, while the TV in the bedroom did not work. This seemed like a "past its' prime" hotel in Mexico. Even the parking at the Inn was outdated ... they have these tiny concrete stalls for cars that really cannot accommodate the SUVs and cars around today. On a positive note, the beach and coastal area were very nice in this area, we'd simply suggest you stay elsewhere.

Date of stay: August 2021
Evan Kidd, General Manager at Inn at Avila Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2021

Donna,

Thank you for taking time to write a review.
I do apologize for your experience with us at the Inn at Avila, we pride ourselves in trying to create an experience for our guests.

I don't necessarily see a reservation matching your initials, however based on the description it appears there was potentially simply things we could have assisted with, IE. parking, TV issues.

I hope maybe for future occurrences you will feel free to reach out to the staff here as we are more than willing to assist to make your stay more enjoyable.

Rates are going to vary throughout the year, during the summer time and maybe more specifically after a pandemic, there is a game of supply and demand. We are historically less than our competitors in the area and provide twice the amenities that come complimentary with the high and low prices, which I noticed none were listed in your review but are available to our guests everyday.

I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to change your mind,

Please give me a call directly and I'll do my best to suede you to coming back,

Be safe,

Inn at Avila Beach

Reviewed 18 July 2021

We stayed at the Inn at Avila Beach last month. It's location is absolutely perfect so close to the beach. The breakfast area is on the roof and allows you to eat a nice breakfast while the sun is coming up in a beautiful blue sky with scattered white clouds, and the white waves are crashing a short distance away. The people were friendly and offered us water bottles when we signed in and a couple other times when we were coming back from an outing. We didn't participate in the pie & popcorn offered, but it was a nice offer. The building itself wasn't so perfect!! See the photos below with descriptions. Also, we paid almost as much for this room as we did for a nearby much newer and nicer hotel that we stayed in a few weeks later.

Room tip: The ocean view balcony rooms are best as expected
Date of stay: June 2021

QuilterinAD,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Hotel.

Avila is an amazing town and the hotel itself has its traits.
We do have a variety of styles of rooms that offer different experiences for guests looking for familiar or unfamiliar experiences.
Modern vs. Eclectic

Maybe in the future we can have you try some other room types,

Otherwise,