“Tiki Tuesday”
Review of Arvada Tavern

Arvada Tavern
Reserve with OpenTable
Arvada Tavern is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 279 Restaurants in Arvada
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 9 February 2018 via mobile

Had dinner with a coworker on what was apparently Tiki Tuesday. Island themed cocktails, apps and Hawaiian shirts abound.

The blacked shrimp tacos were excellent. The shrimp was cocked just right and not the least bit chewy, which is easy to miss. I had Caribbean Jerk wings too which were big and meaty but maybe could have been a bit spicier for me. Both were based on small plate portions so my companion elected to order a second round of tacos to complete his meal.

We had Rum Old Fashions which were pretty good and seemed fitting for the theme. Neither my travel associate nor I wanted anything too sweet and these hit the mark pretty well. If we didn’t have work to do and had to drive we both would have had a second. Given the theme and happy hour specials we walked out without breaking the bank.

The Tavern will be on my return list next time I’m in town for work again.

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Had their meatloaf. It was okay but nothing special. House salad was a disappointment. For the prices on their menu you can find better quality food in many other places. I guess you eat here because it's an old, dark, historic building. Husband and I spent $70 for dinner for two...and won't go back for anything on the menu

Reviewed 8 December 2017 via mobile

First time visiting. The place was full on a Thursday, so must be doing something well. Order Cast Iron Cuban Sandwich- mistake. It’s not a Cuban. Not even a deconstructed Cuban. Chopped carnitas, too spicy to enjoy, in a ciabatta whose bottom was soggy, making it hard to pick up. Bad sandwich, and overpriced. And not a Cuban.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I have only eaten here a couple times and the food was very good. I mostly enjoy the Arvada Tavern for the bar. The bartenders are masters are creating very unique drinks and it is a blast to watch them work.

Reviewed 2 December 2017

I've been to Arvada Tavern on several occasions and have even briefly met the owners several times. The food is quite tasty most of the time, but I would stay away from the mussels. The drinks are amazing, which easily brings the review up to 4 stars. If you're in the mood for a really high-quality traditional cocktail, this is one of the best places in the Denver metro area.

Been to Arvada Tavern? Share your experiences!