“Good, big burgers”

Ranked #43 of 288 Restaurants in Arvada
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 May 2015

We love Jim's Burger Haven. The hamburgers are of the 6" size and are thin but tasty. The ambiance is old hamburger stand. I have also tried their Italian Sausage sandwich and liked it, the sausage had good flavor and spice. The only drawback is it can take 10-15 minutes to get your food.

Reviewed 23 February 2015 via mobile

I'm so glad this place is still around! I used to visit often with my Dad years back. I forgot it was here but it's just as good as it used to be! Great prices and great comfort food! Yum!

Reviewed 13 January 2015 via mobile

I was craving a good burger and remembered this place from yrs ago. Its a fast food joint so atmosphere is not what you go there for. Had a Southwestern Grinder and onion rings. It was WooHoo good! The milkshakes are terrific as well

1  Thank coloraska
Reviewed 26 December 2014

I chose to go to Jim's for lunch based on the positive reviews I saw here. The burger combo was not much of a deal, to begin with (.30 cents off regular price of all three items ordered separatly) but I was hoping the burger would win me over. No such luck. A previous reviewer mentioned that the burgers are "kinda smashed." I would have to say mine was "crushed".... almost wafer-thin and posessing no detectable juicyness. The fries were okay, nothing great, but not bad. I would not go back for the food by any means.
As far as atmosphere, I guess Jim's is going for the 50's diner motiff. There are a lot of old 8x10 photographs on the walls of vintage cars and the like. An overwhelming majority of them are sun faded or tinted by age. The overall effect is not complimentary to the look of the dining room. There are a couple of large screen TV's that were tuned in to a car - auction show, without audio so I'm not sure what the point of that was. The music was predictably playing older oldies that, perhaps, some of the retired age patrons that were dining there could appreciate. To me it sounded dated and tired and did nothing to enhance the atmosphere. I would not recommend Jim's Burger Haven in Westminster.

Reviewed 13 September 2014

The atmosphere is that of a 50's dinner with great 50's music playing loudly. The burgers taste great and the fries are excellent. My only negative comment is the patties are too thin.

Been to Jim's Burger Haven? Share your experiences!