“Beyond comfort food”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2015

Old neighborhood is a wonderful blast from the past settled in an older area of Arvada, CO. It has tremendous charm and makes on feel as if you're "coming back home". The food is wonderful (best prime rib around) with generous serving sizes. The prices are reasonable and even better if you arrive before 6 for their sunset specials. Try the broasted porkchop! It is juicy yet crispy on the outside. Yum!

Reviewed 21 December 2015 via mobile

Tonight we went to Old Neighborhood with eight of our neighbors to celebrate the holidays. We picked Old Neighborhood because we love to support local restaurants and because we always try to give this restaurant a second (actually about fifth) chance.

But once again we left disappointed and once again it was very good food but lack luster service that has lead to an average review. I hate to say it but I feel this place, even in its newer "rescued, remodeled, revitalized" state continues to decline.

It was small, simple flaws that sadden me:

1. The entrees came right on top of the salads, so you had to stop eating your salad in order to have a hot entree.

2. The entrees were delivered the wrong person.

3. The soups arrived after the entrees not with the salads.

4. One person's entree came 5 minutes after the last had arrived creating that awkward moment where everyone has their food except one person who has to beg everyone to eat to avoid having their meals get cold.

5. We ordered several wines from the wine list but were told they were out of stock. Actually more than several...about six. Why are you so low on bottles of wine?

6. We were never asked if we wanted dessert or coffee. Our server just arrived with our checks. In fact, we were never asked if we want appetizers either.

7. One of us actually asked for a coffee and it never came. After 20 minutes the waitress finally showed back up and acknowledged she forgot.

It always feels like the staff is overwhelmed here and although the food is very good, it never comes out as hot and timed correctly.

We were a group that was looking for a leisurely holiday dinner and was in no rush (and the restaurant was by no means full) but never received the attention expected. Sad as this place has great potential. I am just not sure how many chances you can keep giving a place.

2  Thank Twwhit72
Reviewed 16 December 2015

Make reservations. Had a good selection of food. Very busy but it was Mothers Day. Champagne brunch and Mothers got a

2  Thank GRANDMALYN
Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

Upon entering the restaurant there was a slight cat odor. The tables were done up nicely with small vases of flowers. The server was attentive. Unfortunately the food was awful. The prices were way too high. I had a ham & cheese sandwich in which there was way too much of the thick sliced ham and the bread was soggy. We will not ever frequent this establishment again and I would not recommend it.

1  Thank Heather C
Reviewed 13 November 2015

To celebrate a birthday and an early Thanksgiving we decided to do brunch at Old Neighborhood. The breakfast was hot and appetizing. Foods were not left to go cold or old and there was a nice variety for everyone. They also had a salad bar and dessert bar. While the made to order omelets did take a little while longer, they were served the way it was ordered and they were hot. 4 in our party were very pleased with them. While the other 5 in the party went for items on the bar, my son went back 3 times for the carved roast beef. Need I say more? We were treated to hot out of the oven sticky buns brought to our table by the server.

Staff was some of the best ever! Plates were removed, drinks were refilled and they couldn't have done more.

The overall atmosphere of this place was wonderful. Very, very clean (including the bars, seating, restrooms and outside). Sleek while keeping that "old neighborhood" feel.

I especially appreciated that an automatic gratuity was not added to the ticket for a table of 9. Glad it wasn't because I gave them a 33% one. I couldn't have been happier.

I can't wait to go back to try their dinner menu.

1  Thank c b