“These People Are Amazing, at Food and at Being GOOD People”
Review of Star of India

Star of India
Ranked #35 of 758 Restaurants in Aurora
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 31 October 2017

First of all, the food is great! I don't venture too far into unknown territory when it comes to Indian food, so I just got the Chicken Korma, and garlic naan. Both were very good!

However, the level of service and care that the people show others is exemplary.

I ordered my food to go and sat there and waited (for about 5 minutes). While I was sitting there, the woman from the cash register came up to and said "here, try this while you wait for your food." It was some kind of mango drink that was awesome! Very cool of her, and she didn't even know it was my birthday.

While I was waiting, I saw her interacting with a young man, who I mistakenly thought was high. As he stumbled out the door, I asked her if she knew whether or not he was going to be driving.
She told me that he was mentally challenged and lives alone, and that he comes there to eat, so that she can make sure he eats healthily.
That is awesome, I will happily give this place my money every time I am here.

I don't often have experiences at restaurants that make me re-evaluate how much care and consideration I show to the people around me.

Reviewed 22 October 2017

Just returned from the Star and want to give it a good review. Although the buffet is a little pricey, the food was very good and the service was fine.

Reviewed 17 July 2017

Re-visited again after a 3 year separation and the service and food were still as good as I remembered. Glad I came back for a great meal.

Reviewed 21 May 2017

Star of India, a family owned and operated establishment, is my family’s favorite place for authentic Indian food. Although there are several Indian restaurants located closer to our home in Denver, we happily drive to nearby Aurora for the Star of India’s delicious cuisine and welcoming atmosphere, and we go there often. In addition to a traditional lunch buffet, the restaurant offers two evening buffets--a variety of vegetarian dishes on Wednesday evenings and a Saturday evening buffet that includes both vegetarian and non-vegetarian entrées featuring shrimp and lamb. Of course, diners can also order from an extensive a la carte menu. Some of my favorite dishes are the vegetarian samosas, the shrimp korma entrée, and the okra, eggplant, and garbanzo bean curries. When I eat too much to drink a mango lassi with my meal, I often order one to go and enjoy it for breakfast the next morning.

Reviewed 12 April 2017

We are always awed by the delicious food served in this lovely restaurant in a mall strip. The food is always incredible! The lunch buffet offers a wonderful variety of Indian dishes. The rice pudding is a real favorite. The service is always great.

Been to Star of India? Share your experiences!