“The Best Coffee House In The Area!!”
Review of The Coffee Trade

The Coffee Trade
Ranked #2 of 4 Coffee & Tea in Avon
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 8 June 2017

If it were only the fact that the owner is a fellow veteran; that by itself would gain them points in my book; especially because the man is a MARINE. To most other veterans like me, that is the bravest group you could be honored knowing, but add to it that he is a very nice gentleman and fully appreciates the compliments AND will make sure to let you know so, the fact that his shop is VERY nicely stocked, AND the fact that he has a MUCH better selection than places closer to my home in Hartford; that would also gain points. However, the most important factor in this coffee snob's thinking is the quality of the beans he uses, AND the fact that, contrary to other possible thinking, he does indeed roast the beans himself; maybe not on a daily basis, but that would probably be too much to ask for as it is hard enough to do so without over-stocking his containers. I personally enjoy everything about the place; the atmosphere, the wonderful owner and staff, especially the taste of the coffee flavors themselves. Being a Navy veteran who just moved here after living for 14 years in an area of the country that is lacking in many pleasant amenities, it is nice to come to a place that not only offers such things, but also accommodates such tastes and moods as someone so spoiled and picky as me. For a store like that I would order from the other side of the country if I had to... but I am glad I don't!!

Reviewed 25 May 2017 via mobile

My family has been coming here since I was little, and it is still the best coffee in Avon. The owners are always so friendly, and the shop is very cozy. A great place to find unique gifts or to just stop for coffee.

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Coffee Trade is a special gem in Avon. With good coffee (lots of variety), fair prices and a friendly,,pleasant atmosphere, it surpasses the impersonal, hyper feeling of Starbucks and the bland boring coffee at DD. And Coffee Trade's own roaster ensures freshness and a diving aroma.

Reviewed 18 January 2017 via mobile

Purchased two pounds of fresh, coarsely ground coffee today for the French press at home and a coffee for my ride to work. The selection of coffees is outstanding, but the best part of the experience is the friendliness of the staff. Always smiling, always friendly, just great people. If you are in Avon and need a coffee, it's worth your stop.

Reviewed 4 January 2017 via mobile

This is my favorite coffee shop in the Hartford area and I have been to a lot in my lifetime here. The atmosphere and gift shop are charming, the staff couldn't be kinder or more pleasant and I do love their coffee. Try this place!!