All reviews pool house fire pit old florida get away wood floors dirty towels private pool covered porch romantic getaway lounge chairs few steps watch the sunset small kitchen ocean view the cottages gulf of mexico laid back
Reviewed 27 February 2012

First time at the Beach Bungalow and what a terrific experience. Prior to booking the communication with the management was excellent. The price was very competitive, about the same as a normal hotel, except we had a totally private bungalow, with modern kitchen, modern, bath, right on the beach! Very quiet and very romantic. As if no one else was even there. The front desk staff was super helpful and very pleasant. Will definitely be back and can't wait!

Room tip: All are great. Just decide what size and how close you want to be to the surf.
2  Thank robbin605
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this resort 3 times, February 2012 was the most recent. The rooms are very cozy and clean. It has a perfect location with beach front property and some of the rooms are overlooking the beautiful turquoise water. There are beach chairs and umbrellas so that you can enjoy the view. It is always quiet and relaxing. The rooms have everything you need to feel at home. The staff has always been pleasant and respectful of our privacy. The owner recommended an amazing restaurant for us to go to, the best dining experience we have had. It does not feel like a hotel, but a wonderful vacation cottage. Very picturesque!! We will go back as often as time and money allow us to.

2  Thank Jami S
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My father passed away on 11/14/2011 and our mother gave us, my sister and I, a gift of staying at the Bungalow Beach Resort. This was to be a treat for all three of us to celebrate my father as he always loved Anna Maria Island!
Well we could not say more about how wonderful, and relaxing, this place was! From the moment we walked in we were in heaven. My mother had #104 - well let's just say if she was any closer to the Gulf she'd be in it! We were able to enjoy ever moment we could sitting on her porch looking out at the beautiful Gulf. My sister, and I, stayed in #106 which was only a few steps from the Gulf. The king size beds were a bonus, usually only see queen beds at resorts, and having the kitchens was even better (although we didn't do much cooking!). It's location is ideal, just a short drive down to the village of Anna Maria and Lido Beach. The town of Bradenton Beach has some great restaurants (Sharkey's and Rotten Ralph's) and some great shops to browse.

We found the staff, Chris and Joanne, to be wonderful and couldn't have help more! They were right there willing to help with anything. They made our trip so enjoyable!
My sister, and I, would like to THANK them from the bottom of our hearts for making a sad (but joyous) occasion into a memory that my mother, sister and I will not forget!
Hoping to get over there again real soon with my husband!!

Thanks Girls!
Bonnie, Louise and Lynda

• Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank bonton23
Reviewed 27 January 2012

What a wonderful experence, right on the beach, beautiful weather and wonderful service at Bungalow Beach. Everything needed for a great vacation was present, such as coffee,coffee pot and filters. Glass wear, dishers, etc.. Plenty of linens including beach towels, and nice and clean and cozy.Can't say anything but great fun was had by all four of us.Mary and the Gang

Room tip: Mermaid 116 perfect on the beach
Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We stayed here in september, when the weather was lovely, so we didn't need to be inside much. Still, I can see what other reviewers mean when the complain.
The buildings are old but Anna Maria-style which was fine for us. The AC was old though and placed in a strange place over the bed which meant it always blew right in your face when walking towards the bathroom. Wouldn't have been a problem if it hadn't been for all the dust hanging out of it. The bathroom was oldfashioned with no place to hang towels or place your supplies. The kitchen was alright but cuttlery and pots were just not really clean (not dirty but nog sparkling either).
The grounds were just a bit dirty and the bbq's unusable because of old dirt and rust.
Still, the bed was good, we could do some cooking and we enjoyed the location. I just never felt completely comfortable because of the negatives.
The lady in the front was only friendly when checking in and checking out. In between (when asking for towels or directions) she was grumpy. What hit me most was when we left and she asked how we liked it and I said we had quite a good time because of the weather she said: "well, if you liked it, don't give us 3 or 4 stars on Tripadvisor, because we need higher ratings to maintain our first place"... so far for the 5-star reviews....
We stayed in room #106.