“Local Staycation was AWESOME”

Bungalow Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Anna Maria
Reviewed 11 March 2012

We live locally in the Suncoast and I work in the Hospitality Industry. The family & I just finished up a 3 day mini staycation at Bungalow Beach. What a perfect little getaway for the kids (7, 5 & 14 mos), the wife and I. Our courtyard studio was perfect for a short stay. Quiet and quaint, I counted 31 steps to the Chaise Lounge chairs overlooking the beautiful turquoise waters of the Gulf of Mexico. Twenty more steps and you're toes are wet! Don't be fooled, this isn't the Hyatt - this is Old Florida at its finest. Our bungalow was nicely appointed, including Kitchenette, Cable TV, A/C, in-room safe, etc. We're definitely coming back!

Room Tip: Travel after May 1 - rates are almost half. Call them directly as they may have last minute cancell...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ken H

Reviewed 27 February 2012

First time at the Beach Bungalow and what a terrific experience. Prior to booking the communication with the management was excellent. The price was very competitive, about the same as a normal hotel, except we had a totally private bungalow, with modern kitchen, modern, bath, right on the beach! Very quiet and very romantic. As if no one else was even there. The front desk staff was super helpful and very pleasant. Will definitely be back and can't wait!

Room Tip: All are great. Just decide what size and how close you want to be to the surf.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank robbin605
Reviewed 22 February 2012

My husband and I have stayed at this resort 3 times, February 2012 was the most recent. The rooms are very cozy and clean. It has a perfect location with beach front property and some of the rooms are overlooking the beautiful turquoise water. There are beach chairs and umbrellas so that you can enjoy the view. It is always quiet and relaxing. The rooms have everything you need to feel at home. The staff has always been pleasant and respectful of our privacy. The owner recommended an amazing restaurant for us to go to, the best dining experience we have had. It does not feel like a hotel, but a wonderful vacation cottage. Very picturesque!! We will go back as often as time and money allow us to.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jami S
Reviewed 7 February 2012

My father passed away on 11/14/2011 and our mother gave us, my sister and I, a gift of staying at the Bungalow Beach Resort. This was to be a treat for all three of us to celebrate my father as he always loved Anna Maria Island!
Well we could not say more about how wonderful, and relaxing, this place was! From the moment we walked in we were in heaven. My mother had #104 - well let's just say if she was any closer to the Gulf she'd be in it! We were able to enjoy ever moment we could sitting on her porch looking out at the beautiful Gulf. My sister, and I, stayed in #106 which was only a few steps from the Gulf. The king size beds were a bonus, usually only see queen beds at resorts, and having the kitchens was even better (although we didn't do much cooking!). It's location is ideal, just a short drive down to the village of Anna Maria and Lido Beach. The town of Bradenton Beach has some great restaurants (Sharkey's and Rotten Ralph's) and some great shops to browse.

We found the staff, Chris and Joanne, to be wonderful and couldn't have help more! They were right there willing to help with anything. They made our trip so enjoyable!
My sister, and I, would like to THANK them from the bottom of our hearts for making a sad (but joyous) occasion into a memory that my mother, sister and I will not forget!
Hoping to get over there again real soon with my husband!!

Thanks Girls!
Bonnie, Louise and Lynda

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bonton23
Reviewed 27 January 2012

What a wonderful experence, right on the beach, beautiful weather and wonderful service at Bungalow Beach. Everything needed for a great vacation was present, such as coffee,coffee pot and filters. Glass wear, dishers, etc.. Plenty of linens including beach towels, and nice and clean and cozy.Can't say anything but great fun was had by all four of us.Mary and the Gang

Room Tip: Mermaid 116 perfect on the beach
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
0.6 km away
Queen's Gate Resort
Queen's Gate Resort
#5 of 9 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Bungalow Beach Resort? Share your experiences!