“Lovely place”

Bungalow Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Anna Maria
Reviewed 17 October 2017

My husband and I just returned from an amazing 4 night stay in the Desoto Bungalow. We were literally right on the sand. Our room had a great covered porch that we enjoyed when it was too hot in the sun. We had a complete view of the gulf because we were literally right on it. Our room was perfect. It seems it might be one of the smaller ones from looking at their room map, but we thought it was perfect size. Bedroom area and a sitting area with a small kitchen. It is perfect for two people. We were very glad to be on the island during the off season and have plans to return next year!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank efrusy

Reviewed 11 October 2017

If you are looking for paradise with beautiful sunsets on a private beach while staying in your private bungalow, with the most amazing view of the Gulf from almost every bungalow, this is where you need to stay. The staff is awesome and do everything to make sure your stay is private and unforgettable, but if you need them for anything they are on it. There are big high rise resorts on the island, but I personally would not want to stay anywhere else.Their website is very user friendly and allows you to take a virtual tour of every bungalow so you can decide which one is right for you. My husband & I were just there in September and even though I was sick with the flu while there, I still had the best time ever and I can not wait to go back. Great memories made at Bungalow Beach Resort.

Room Tip: Seagull, Hibiscus, Coquina, Desoto, all have Gulf views and you literally step right from your deck...
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CandyHarp2017
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We just checked out today after spending 3 nights here. It was paradise. For the price, we got all that we expected and more. We stayed in 2 rooms- one by the pool - 110 Palm Tree, and another right on the beach - 116 Mermaid. The photos tell some of the story. Pretty rooms, clean linens and towels, huge tiled shower and kitchen (in mermaid) and we could walk right onto the beach. The beds in both rooms were super comfortable and we slept great. We spent the days on the beach chairs and relaxing on the deck. If you are going to Anna Maria Island, we highly recommend staying here.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017

The parking lot is a lot smaller than it should be. I arrived after the office was closed. So my packet including my key was left near the office. The map that was included is poorly drawn. It could have more decribtive land marks on it. Or turn on some porch lights.

I room was super small, with not a lot of room to move around. Yes Im a big guy but the shower was super small.

The bed had a white linens on it. On one of the pillows I noticed little black dots. The dots didn't move or appear to be living. I am not sure what they are. But they are gross.
I stayed with in my aunts room on the couch. The office doesn't open until 9am. I politely spoke with the owner about the black dots. She said that she would sent over the maintenance guy to take a look. I guess my expectations are too high. I expected some form of apology from the owner.

I went out and enjoyed my day. I came and again talked to the owner to see if the black dots are gone. She explained that they patched a whole in the ceiling and changed the bedding. I got into the room and the black dots are back. I asked for another room. The property didn't have any vacancy. She offered me a room at their other property. I declined. We worked out a reasonable compromise as far as the cost of the first night.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2017

Bungalow Beach is charming, unique, & quaint with a throw back in time feel that could be the setting for a romance novel. We had an incredible time of relaxation. And...Oh how we enjoyed the majestic sunset views!! The staff is top notch! One of our favorite getaways ever!! We Highly recommend Bungalow Beach!!....The Cravens

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
0.6 km away
Queen's Gate Resort
Queen's Gate Resort
#5 of 9 in Bradenton Beach

Been to Bungalow Beach Resort? Share your experiences!