“Great way to exercise”
Review of West Orange Trail

West Orange Trail
Ranked #1 of 22 things to do in Apopka
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

Highly recommend using the Trail to get in shape. 1/10 mile markers help gage how far you go. Watch our for the hills!

All reviews
"old florida"
"killarney"
in 18 reviews

Reviewed 4 February 2018

Take your time and your camera. You will not see it all in 1 trip. The best no cost nature drive in Central Florida. Need at least 2 trips to see all trails. Take your time and enjoy Nature

Reviewed 25 January 2018 via mobile

My husband, my son and I hired cycles and cycled for 10 miles out and back along this trail, heading through Winter Garden on the way. It’s a flat, very safe route. Winter Garden is a pretty town which has been well maintained and is clean. The cycle route takes you past some amazing houses as well as through the countryside. We particularly enjoyed hunting for geocaches along the way!

Reviewed 22 January 2018 via mobile

Enough said?
Rails to Trails. Mostly wooded and away from roads. No major road crossings. Trail goes right down the street median of Winter Garden where there are bike shops, restaurants, coffee shops, and a Farmer's Market on Saturday.
What's not to like?

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 January 2018

My husband and I are frequent visitors to central Florida. We finally decided to rent road bikes and bike the West Orange Trail and the Lake Trail. Wow! I was very impressed with this trail system. Unfortunately a small section of the West Orange Trail was still closed from the hurricane when we visited in October. Despite that, we managed to get around the obstructed area and really enjoy the trail. My favorite trail was actually the lake trail which started about 5 miles outside of Winter Garden and headed to Clermont. When the bike shop owner told us there would be hills on the trail, I secretly chuckled to myself thinking he had to be crazy. But guess what - there were hills on the lake trail. Not steep hills, but just some gradual rollers. It was so scenic and I couldn't believe I was actually in Florida. If I lived in the area I would be on that trail every day. I highly recommend using this trail if you are a local or a visitor. We road on a Monday and a Wednesday, so there was very little bike or pedestrian traffic. It was wonderful. I would go back in a heart beat.