“The hotel pictures are very deceiving!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Mayport

Econo Lodge Mayport
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Atlantic Beach
Omaha, Nebraska
“The hotel pictures are very deceiving!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2010

First of all the hotel does not look anything like the pictures! Must be pictures from 20 years ago.The rooms are old and have very outdated furniture. The hotel needs a sprucing up in the worst way. The rooms have an odor that turns your stomach. The fitness center was locked and looked like it had been for a very long time.There were loud people in the pool until 2am. We could hear their boom box and cursing like they were right outside our door. A fight broke out between an older crowd and the staff had to call police. We felt very unsafe. Breakfast was tolerable, not sure what the colored water in the juice machine was supposed to be. The only plus I can say is the young woman managing the place by herself was very courteous and friendly. She did the best she could to subdue the quarreling guests. We only were able to sleep a couple of hours after the noisey crowd finally broke up their party. Talking to the head manager about the lack of safety, lack of sleep, and horrible smell in the rooms, did not help. He offered to take the price of the tax off our room! What a joke! I have over a hundred hotel reviews posted and less than 5 with a rating this low. I was very disappointed in Comfort Inns for backing this hotel! I could have displayed pictures that were much more unpleasant but I was trying to be as fair as I could.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank huskertravelers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Theodore, Alabama
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2010

Upon arrival to room everything seemed to be fine. Later that night when it was time for bed,the linen on one of the beds did not appear clean and crisp (like fresh,clean linen). So, I called down to the front desk and requested some clean linen. I then walked to the front desk to get it. The air conditioner was terrible it never really got cool even at night. The toilet did not flush well (it took multiple times to get it to work).The next day when we left and returned the beds were not made. The spread I took off of the dirty linen bed was still sitting in the chair. The housekeeping was TERRIBLE.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
Columbia, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2008

My room was nasty! I thought it would be decent since it was $80/night. The rooms were outside entrances and when I walked in my rooms it looked like someone had tracked black tarr throughout the room the carpet was so dirty. The comforter looked ok until I saw multiple stains on it. There was half a roll of toilet paper and half a notepad laying on the desk. The coffeemaker was filthy and the brass lamp & remote had smudges and grease on it. I never took my flip flops off and spread towels on the floor and of course they stained black. I even slept with big t-shirt & pants scared about what bugs might be in the bed. I stayed there by myself and I don't recommend staying there alone as a women b/c there were alot of construction workers and scary single men there. There is a bar attached to hotel so I think they hang out there. I did not feel safe On a positive note, the breakfast staff was really nice and the cont breakfast was good.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — Cleanliness of room & outside entranc
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Washington, DC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2007

This hotel wasn't awful, but it definitely wasn't for me. I was traveling on business, and it seemed like there were tons of older men staying there alone. I felt like I received a lot of unwanted attention at the pool, breakfast area, etc. The air conditioning in the room was quite noisy, and one of the towels they provided had a huge hole. There was something in my room that aggravated my allergies, and made it difficult to breathe when I was in there. On the positive side, the staff at the main desk were very nice.

• Liked — Front desk staff
  • Disliked — Other guests
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Check-in / front desk
norfolk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2007

We stayed here because the hotel was close to base. .The ladys at the front desk were really nice. The room was not plesant. It was raining as we were walking to our room there were towels on the sidewalk soaking up the water. As we opened the room door we were met with a stinch from the room.
There were no lights we had to turn on the bathroom light.
The room was filthy. The floor was caked in dirt. The bedspread was dirty, and the blue chair in the room was brown from filth.
We did not stay here we left and stayed somewhere that was twice as better and paid the same amount.

Stayed September 2007
One Ocean Resort & Spa
#1 of 3 in Atlantic Beach
5.9 km away
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/Oceanfront
Hampton Inn Jacksonville Beach/O...
#3 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,346 reviews
1.2 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Jacksonville - Mayport / Beach
7.2 km away
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
BEST WESTERN Oceanfront
#6 of 9 in Jacksonville Beach

Been to Econo Lodge Mayport? Share your experiences!